𝟹: 𝙲𝙰𝚂𝙴 #𝟷 - - 𝙵𝙰𝚂𝚃 𝚃𝙸𝙼𝙴𝚂 𝙰𝚃 𝚆𝙴𝚂𝚃𝚂𝙸𝙳𝙴 𝙷𝙸𝙶𝙷

ʙᴀsᴇᴅ ᴏɴ ᴇᴘ. 𝟹 x 𝟶𝟷 - ғᴜɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀɴɪᴍᴀʟs
_____________________________

- 𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟾 -
- 𝙼𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚜, 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎 -
- 𝙹𝚞𝚖𝚙 𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚎𝚕 -
- 𝟽:𝟷𝟻 𝙰𝙼 -

"DON'T THINK YOU can get away with not saying hi to me," Judy playfully scolded as Tom stepped out of Fuller's office. A warm smile stretched across Tom's face as he made his way over to the officers desk.

"Hey, Jude," Tom greeted sweetly, his mood immediately lifting just at the mere sight of Judy. She stood up and quickly wrapped her arms around Tom, pulling him into a tight embrace. He planted a chaste kiss against her cheek before he pulled away, smiling down at her.

"The hair looks good on you," he complimented

"The hair looks good on you," he complimented. The last time he saw Judy, her hair was so big it probably had its own area code, but now it was cropped into a short pixie cut. It was a big change from the puffy sea of curls he had grown accustomed to seeing her wear, but she pulled it off just as flawlessly.

"You don't look so bad yourself," she winked, ruffling the top of his shaggy mess of waves and morphing it into an even messier style. Tom had let his hair grow long over the summer to blend in with the junkies he busted working narcotics. It fell just at his shoulders. He was a bit unsure about the change from the prim and proper short styles he normally wore, but he was willing to tough it out for a while longer. "It's the new you,"

"Thanks," he mumbled, scratching the back of his head shyly. "I gotta get going, though, Jude. Fuller added some new girl to our case. Uh, Danika Richards? You seen her?"

"Oh yeah?" Her eyebrows arched in surprise. "Yeah, she's actually over there talking to Booker," she jutted her head in the direction of the door and Tom followed her gaze. He spotted Booker leaning against the wall of the exit speaking to a woman with an unfamiliar silhouette. Her back was facing Tom, so all he could see was the back of her long, dreaded hair as Booker smiled down at her.

"Of course she is," Tom huffed, unsurprised that Booker had found a way to turn this case into an opportunity to prey on some poor girl. Judy's eyes thinned at the disgruntled tone in Tom's voice.

"You okay, Hanson?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah, uh... listen, Jude..." his voice trailed off as the image of her flirting with Booker at her desk minutes earlier popped into his head. "You..." he struggled to spit out the words sitting on the tip of his tongue.

He wanted to blurt, 'you're not really buying into that asshole's crap are you?' — But there was a time and a place for that conversation. First thing in the morning at their job was not the time, and he knew Judy was going to tell him he had no place to stick his nose in her business. The last thing he wanted to see was Judy get hurt by the arrogance of his mysterious new partner, but for now, he would hold his tongue.