𝟿. 𝙶𝚒𝚛𝚕𝚜! 𝙶𝚒𝚛𝚕𝚜! 𝙶𝚒𝚛𝚕𝚜!

- 𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟾 -
- 𝙼𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚜, 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎 -
- 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚘𝚗 𝚁𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝙻𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚎 -
- 𝟷𝟶:𝟹𝟶 𝙿𝙼 -

"ALRIGHT, WE'RE HERE!" Booker announced, flashing a roguish smile as he parked the car. Danika glanced out the window and was nearly blinded by the colorful neon lights decorating the building across the street. She squinted, shielding her dark eyes as best she could while trying to decipher the pink, luminescent sign at the top of the venue.

"The Neon Rose Lounge?" Tom shot Booker a cynical glance after reading the sign aloud. "You really think this is the best place to take a girl?"

It wasn't lost on Danika where they were. After the trio had effectively washed their hands of the Westside High investigation, they had all clambered into Booker's car. Exhausted and ready to destress, Danika had expected Booker to take them all home. Though that had initially seemed to be the plan, as soon he turned the key in the ignition, a mischievous glint shimmered in his eye. "Hey, how about we go somewhere to take the edge off? I know a great spot to unwind,"

Neither Tom or Danika objected. Maybe because they were both so mentally drained from their day that they simply didn't think much of Booker's sly smile. Or perhaps because neither of them were actually opposed to a bit of fun after wrapping up such a messy case. Whatever the reason, the two officers stayed silent as Booker drove down streets lined with buildings advertising sex shops and flashing signs that read 'Girls! Girls! Girls!' It was no surprise to Danika that Booker's idea of 'a great spot to unwind' was smack dab in the middle of the red light district. Least of all that the painfully bright building they were parked in front of was so obviously a strip club.

Booker only grinned in response to Tom's side eye, and Danika watched as the dour officer simply shook his head at him with nothing more than an exasperated huff passing his lips. It was a recurring sight between the two officers that Danika had seen a lot the past few days— and clearly one that Tom had grown tired of.

"What can I say, I like giving you a jolt!" Said Booker, elbowing Tom in the arm. "Besides, Dani here isn't old enough to drink yet. Strip clubs are 18 and up," he explained, unbuckling his seatbelt and abruptly exiting the car. "Let's get a move on!" With the slam of his car door, Tom and Danika were briefly left alone.

"You're not 21?" Tom questioned, turning around to face the younger officer.

"My birthday's in April," she shrugged, and the conversation met an awkward end as neither could think of what to say next. Luckily, Booker had the perfect timing. Her door swung open, and he offered her his hand.

"After you, babe." She slid her hand into his grasp and let him guide her out of the car. Tom followed suit, making sure to display how unamused he was with the whole situation with the heavy-handed slam of the car door before they all made their way inside.

Danika had never been to a strip club before, but she didn't need any other comparison to know that this place was the textbook definition of a dive. A nameless classic rock tune blared from the speakers a little too loudly, the space smelled of stale cigarettes and booze, and the floors were so sticky her foot nearly slipped out of her Jordans. Despite the loud riffs of the guitars coming from the speakers, it did little to drown out the excited howls of men in the audience as the dancer on stage twisted her body on a pole in ways Danika could hardly comprehend.

Booker found them a table close to the stage. They had much too clear a view of the woman performing for Danika's liking, but she figured Tom and Booker would get a bang for their buck. Though, hopefully not literally.