Insurgency

The first session had gone remarkably well.

After the rather chaotic start to the club, Pat had somehow managed to tame his unruly students and taught them what they'd basically asked him to. He'd gone through a list of word classes and definitions, as well as pertinent techniques and broken them down into a format that was easy for them to understand. He'd still garnered a few complaints from Fanny, Thomas, Cap and Julian, as expected, but they'd mainly towed the line and followed his instructions, completing the activities he'd set.

It had almost been fun!

At the end of the lesson he'd asked them what subject they wanted to cover in the next session. Naturally that had set off an argument between the students and it had taken Pat at least ten minutes to get them settled enough to have another vote on the matter.

Out of the three most wanted subjects, geography won.

Pat didn't mind geography. He likes the aspects about countries and landscapes and rivers and the weather and things like that, but unfortunately Fanny had put her oar in and convinced everyone that Pat should talk about the key issues of globalization, which was much more boring. So that evening Pat had gone home and buried himself in his gran's old and quite frankly dusty geography books to make a few notes about what he was going to be talking about the next day.

That next day had soon came, and after five hours of schoolwork, home time.

Pat winced as he was bashed about by the crowd of charging students rushing down the corridor, all excited to be leaving for the day. As they all veered off through the exit doors, Pat carried on towards the English classroom he'd used the previous day for the club. He assumed he'd be able to use it again and nobody had said anything to him during the day so he figured it would be fine.

Until he got there and found it occupied by teachers.

"Go and find another room to use!" he was briskly told.

So now Pat was on a mission to find another room to use. This entailed the tedious job of walking in circles until he found an unoccupied room that wasn't locked, and then after, round up the club students who would undoubtly use this as an excuse to try and skip the session and do laps of the school until he eventually caught them.

As he was musing where to head to next, he spotted Robin and Mary just up the corridor from him, both fixated by a poster on the wall. Happy to have caught two of his club members (which he decided to affectionately nickname clubbies) he sidled up behind them and stood on the tips of his toes to get a good gander at what they were looking at.

It was a crudely drawn picture of Miss Button, the school headmistress, surrounded by what could only be described as naughty bits. Naughty bits and rude bits. Pat let out a sharp gasp and pulled it off the wall.

"Why you do that?" Robin mumbled childishly, frowning at Pat.

"It's rude!" he squeaked. "What if Fanny saw that? She'd have a coronary!"

"What's that?" Mary asked.

"Like a heart attack!"

"Oh. Haha!" Robin laughed loudly.

Pat scrunched up the poster and attempted to throw it into a nearby bin, completely missing his target. He waddled over to the paper ball and scooped it off the floor, dumping it in the bin. He turned to see Mary and Robin trying to sneak off. "Oi!" he wailed pathetically. "It's time for Teatime Club!"

A cheeky look morphed onto Mary's face and she grabbed Robin's hand, quickly running away. Pat let out a disheartened whine and bent his body forward in exasperation, just as Cap entered the corridor behind him. Cap raised an eyebrow.