Dare

"I can't believe this is actually happening."

"Julian, please."

"We finished early to hang out with one another - not do more work! I can do that when I'm at home!"

"We agreed to do it now to get it done and out of the way!" Fanny rolled her eyes.

"But, but!"

"No buts, Julian. It'll give us more time to chill when we're at home."

Julian groaned and turned back to his homework, trying to resist the urge to tear it up.

Pat smiled and got to work answering the questions set out by their history teacher. He'd suggested that since they'd left their class early it would probably be a good idea to do a little bit of the homework they'd been set at Robin's house, but this hadn't gone down well with Julian... and Robin.

"But I wanna go out and plaaaay!" Robin moaned as he forced his way through his work, ticking off boxes without even looking.

"You do realize it's raining, don't you?" Thomas quipped.

"And? I like going out to play in the rain!"

"...Why?" Thomas asked. "All you do is get wet and look scruffy, although..." he gave Robin a knowing look.

"Don't." Fanny murmured.

"If we get our homework done now it'll give us more free time when at home." Cap agreed.

Julian groaned.

The friends eventually finished their work and Robin let out an excited shout, immediately asking his parents what was for their dinner. Although the others wanted to stay, they knew their own parents would never allow it.

"Yeah, thanks for the offer and everything, but my parents... uh, we have set meals and stuff so if I'm not back in time they might flip their lids." Humphrey replied solemnly.

"Same here. We also have guests coming around this evening, and I need to play hostess." Fanny sighed.

Her remark caused Julian to raise an eyebrow. "Who are your guests?"

"Just a few friends of my father. Chair members of some business board I think. I wasn't really listening when they told me." Fanny explained.

Julian grinned maniacally. "How about... we crash that party?"

"Julian, be serious! We can't interrupt a fancy meal like that!" Kitty shrieked.

"Why not? We'll be rescuing Fanny!"

"We already told you we can't stay out for much longer." Cap put in. "Be reasonable, Julian!"

Julian ignored the opposition. "Where are you having this meal, Fanny?"

Fanny gasped. "If you think I'm going to tell you that after what you've just told me, you've got another thing coming!"

Julian rolled his eyes. "You guys have no sense of fun."

"I'll go." Robin offered.

Mary smirked. "Me too!"

Fanny paled. "No, no, we're not doing this, it's an awful idea! Pat, tell them!"

Pat looked up from his homework. "I'm sorry, what were we talking about again?"

"You weren't even listening!" Fanny accused.

"Fanny, calm down. Julian's not going to do anything to your folks or their friends. Alright?" Humphrey became the voice of reason, shooting a threatening look towards Julian. "Right?"

"...Right."

"What can we do instead then?" Mary asked, a little put out.

"Truth or dare?" Kitty suggested, causing Julian to gain a cheshire grin.

"Yes yes YES! TRUTH OR DARE!" he bellowed, sitting up straight. "Let's play that!"

"Guys?" Pat looked to the others who just shrugged.

"I guess that would be fine." Thomas folded his arms. "But I'm not going first."

"Bagsy going first!" Julian cheered. Robin frowned at him.

"I wanted to go first..."

"You can go second."

"Fine."

"Everybody ready?" Julian asked excitedly.

"More than I'll ever be." Cap replied, voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Great! Okay, Robin! Truth or dare!"

"DARE!"

"Hmm..." Julian rubbed his chin inquisitively. "I dare you... to HUG THOMAS!"

"NO!" Thomas shrieked, rather high pitched for what it was worth.

"Yes!" Robin cried, diving at Thomas, who fell back on his side.

"Get him off of me!"

"Hug attack!" Robin beamed, wincing as Thomas slapped his cheek. "Hey! That was uncalled for!" he climbed off Thomas.

"Don't touch me." Thomas spat, sweeping his shirt down as he sat upright.

Robin pouted and sat back down. "Okay, my turn. Kitty, truth or dare."

"Truth!" she answered.

"Out of all of us here, who do you find the most attractive?"

"The most... attractive?" she replied thoughtfully.

Julian, Cap and Thomas noticeably stiffened, hoping they'd be chosen.

"I think... Pat has the most charming smile." she said honestly, surprising the shorter teen who found himself going a little red. "And physically... I think it'll have to be a mix of Humphrey and... Thomas."

The others were surprised by her frank admission. Thomas smirked at Cap, who rolled his eyes, and Humphrey smiled modestly.

"Is that okay?" she asked innocently.

"That's... fine, Kitty." Robin grinned. "Your turn."

"Okay! Hm... Mary! Truth or dare?"

"Dare!"

"I dare you... to kiss all the boys on the cheek!"

"Okay." she replied matter-of-factly, heading for Thomas first. Thomas looked incredibly awkward as Mary pecked his cheek. She then moved to Cap and closed her eyes, imagining him to be someone else to get her through the act, kissing his cheek too. Cap cleared his throat and Mary then kissed Humphrey, Pat, and Julian, but made a big show of wiping her lips after kissing the latter.

She then turned to Robin, who nervously looked at her. Mary smiled back. Robin turned his head to the side and just as Mary prepared to plant her lips on his cheek, she moved his head so their lips connected instead.

All was silent for a few moments, then everyone erupted into cheers. Robin went beet red and Mary blushed at her bold actions as the others celebrated the momentous occasion.

"Good on ya, girl!"

"How romantic!"

"Mary, I can't believe you were so brash!"

"Aww, that was cute!"

"Totally unexpected!"

"How can Robin get a kiss like that and not ME?"

Robin and Mary just stared at one another dreamily as the others continued to cheer around them.