Buried

"William, I... no, that won't work." he paced up and down in the library, hands clasped behind his back. "Fine day, isn't it, William? Would you do me the honor- oh no, that sounds rubbish." he facepalmed, head resting against the tall bookshelf. "Just speak with clarity. He's your friend for God's sake."

The library door swung open, startling Cap who ducked down behind the bookshelves, not wanting to be seen in his time of distress. A familiar giggle rang through the air, followed by scruffy laughter.

"Why are we in here?"

"So we can spend a little bit of time together in private."

"Without the others spotting us?"

"Exactly!"

Robin and Mary were totally unaware of Cap's presence, which was a good thing, because it would definitely raise too many questions about why he was even there himself if asked. He found himself half-heartedly listening to their conversation, feeling a little intrusive.

"Did... you really mean that kiss last night?" Mary asked shyly.

Cap bit his tongue. Mary's words sounded so foreign to him.

"That's why I did it." Robin replied with conviction.

"So does that mean... you care about me?"

He heard Robin gently chuckle.

"If you love someone let them know." he replied.

Mary giggled.

Trying to block out the sound of their second kiss, Cap found himself feeling a little... uncomfortable after hearing them together. They sounded so happy, but... their moment had really put something into perspective for him but he also knew that left him in a dangerous position.

If his parents ever found out...

Or the others at school for that matter...

His friends...

He'd lose them all. He'd lose it all.

But Robin's profound words reverberated in his mind over and over again.

'If you love someone... let them know.'

Did he really feel that way about you know who? Sure, his heart always melted every time they spoke to one another, and Cap found his day was always so much brighter after seeing him, but did that really mean anything? Really?

It was so wrong... but felt so right.

Confused by his strong feelings towards his classmate, Cap found himself blushing uncontrollably, his usually rigid disposition crumbling under his emotions. If anything, that proved it right then and there. That he really did harbour these feelings towards William.

"Oh no..." quietly escaped his mouth, and he found himself falling against the bookshelf.

This would be tricky.

~~~~~

"Alright clubbies! Today we'll be doing P.E theory!"

"P.E... what?"

"P.E, you know, gym?"

"Theory?"

"Yes!" Pat chirped, deciding not to divulge the fact that the P.E. teachers had practically bullied him into teaching the clubbies this subject, despite it being a dumb idea. They'd also told him to lose weight... and that he was useless... but Pat tried not to think about that as he had work to do.

"So what "theory" are we supposedly supposed to be learning then?" Thomas replied disinterestedly, observing his fingernails.

"Um... they wanted us to learn diet-y things."