Amity

"So, what's for tea?"

Pat looked up from the burning campfire. "Uhh... some more snacks?"

"But what about dinner?"

"I have a tin of hot dog sausages if that's any good?"

"Ugh... fine." Thomas groaned. "Anything's better than nothing."

"Can you get the pan out for me?" Pat asked.

"Why can't you do it?"

"Because I'm going to be cooking them."

Thomas rolled his eyes and lazily leant over to reach the saucepan which was sitting neatly in a pile with other kitchen appliances next to Pat's tent. He grabbed the pan handle and passed it over to the shorter boy, who then dumped the sausages inside it.

"Can someone get the buns ready please?" Pat asked as he adjusted the saucepan over the fire pit.

"What the heck is a 'bun'?" Julian asked haughtily.

"I think he means bread roll. You mean bread rolls, don't you Pat?" Fanny put in, causing Pat to nod. She then reached over and grabbed said items from Pat's bag, handing them over to Mary to plate them up.

Pat rested the saucepan safely above the fire and leant back for a moment to cool his face down. He looked up to see his fellow campmates looking worn out and too tired to speak to one another, all awaiting their food which would hopefully give them more energy.

Pat cleared his throat. "So, erm, did you enjoy today?" he asked, trying to make light conversation.

Nobody responded for a few moments, until Robin stepped in. "Oh, yeah, yeah. Was fun. Different. I liked it." he admitted.

"I'm inclined to agree too." Fanny nodded her head. "It's not often I get to go outside and I actually found today rather enjoyable, if you'd believe that."

"I didn't mind spending the day with you cretins either. I mean, I often spend my weekends alone, writing and reciting my poetry." Thomas stretched out and laid back against the grass. "I agree with Robin for once. It was different."

Pat smiled. "Would you... ever consider doing this again? Outside of school... So like, just as a... troupe? Without being told what to do... by me?"

"So basically as... friends?" Cap raised and eyebrow.

Pat panicked, "I-I didn't say that! I-I mean, it would be cool to consider you guys as my friends but I know that's just... not going to happen." he blushed and quickly turned his attention back to prodding the sausages.

Julian raised an eyebrow and yawned, stretching his arms out. "Personally, I think you're all losers."

"Charming." Thomas rolled his eyes.

"But... you're my losers." Julian went strangely quiet, turning away from them. "I don't mind hanging around with you... people."

"So, what you're saying is... we should start a losers club?" Kitty added innocently. "My sister has a club but I haven't been invited to join it yet, so I think it'll be nice to be included in a different sort of club!"

"Aren't we already in a club? The Teatime Club?" Mary questioned. "I think that sounds better than a 'losers club' anyway."

"Are you saying that, because we're in this club together... we're actually friends?" Fanny shuddered.

"You know what?" Humphrey started, stretching out his legs. "I think I'm cool with that."

"I think I am, too." Cap replied, surprised with himself.