Dance In My Rain

Venus Today

It had been a few days since we ran into Loki at the night club.

I found peace inside of the bedroom, sometimes Bucky came in to keep me company. Which wasn't the worst thing in the world.

Nat had been showing him how to sign and he was getting considerably better, but he would never hear that from me.

At first he was angry and withdrawn from me here, like my presence in being here caused a war within himself. But little by little he was finally warming up to me, subtle smiles, flirt glares.

Sitting on the center of the bed, I cradled a book on my lap that Nat had loaned me, The Notebook. Such a sweet and sad story, nothing like my life, mine was just sad all around. Bitch jumped up to the bed and snuggling my thigh as she purred softly.

Scratching her behind the ears where I knew she enjoyed, she sounded like a small motor boat.

The door burst open and Bucky came walking in, when he saw me sitting on the bed with Bitch, he briefly hesitated. He looked like he wanted to run away , but mustered up the courage to walk in.

"What are you doing today?" His voice shook with nervousness, something I was not used to seeing from Bucky. I could see he was hiding something behind his back, but it was hard to spot.

I folded a page in the book and began to sign.

Well my schedule is packed with meetings.

Bucky chuckled at my response, showing off his drop dead gorgeous smile.

"Smart ass, I got you a gift. Put it on, and I am going to take you out." Pulling a white, rectangle box from his back, he laid it down right in front of me and Bitch.

I arched my eyebrow at him as I eyed the gift.

I knew too well that gifts never came for free.

Where are we going?

"No, it's a surprise. I mean.... that's if you even want to go with me."

The feeling of sadness hit my heart, of course I wanted to go out with him.

He would be the first man I went out with willingly.

Smiling up at him, I signed I'd love to.

I swear the corners of his mouth touched from ear to ear when I told him yes.

"Great, get ready! And I will be in the living room waiting for you in one hour," he quickly left the room, a few seconds went by when he ran back in. He kneeled on the bed and leaned over, placing a warm kiss on my cheek.

That was probably one of the best kisses I have ever had in my life.

***

After taking a nice hot shower, I wrapped my hair in a towel and my body in a robe. Going through Nat's skin care products, I lotioned my body and sprayed on just a little bit of her perfume she gave me. When I had told her that Bucky and I were going out, she was practically giddy. It was an unsettling view, since she gave off a demeanor of a warrior. She was going to provide me an outfit too but Bucky had actually beat her to it.