New Beginnings

Loki 12 Months Ago

Practically skipping with every step, I could not wait to deliver the good news to Venus. 

I had purchased a home out in Oregon, a very nice, stylish cottage. A few bedrooms to choose from, even though she had once told me she wanted a home near the city, I couldn't risk her wandering off. So instead, the cottage had a very large and extravagant library. 

I hired a few personal interior designers and an English teacher who happened to run errands in town to fill the library and to design our home. 

Walking down the stairs to her bedroom, I slowly opened the door to find her sitting at the edge of the bed, her skirts lifted around her waist, cradling a book on her lap.

She looked absolutely divine. 

"What are you reading?"

She looked up from her book, a small smile spreading across her face. She folded a page down to save her spot, placing the book down on the bed she began to sign to me.

Reading Alice in Wonderland. 

"Isn't that the last book I bought you this week?"

She nodded her head sadly, looking down at the cover, her fingers traced over the book. 

"Well, I want to show you something."

Her eyebrows arched in question, but she soon smiled, nodding her head. Holding out my hand, she slipped hers into mine, her warm fingers sending little zings through me. 

Calling out to Heimdall, he transported us to Midgard until we landed on top of a blanket of snow with fresh snowflakes falling gently from the sky.  I looked down at Venus, huddling in the crook of my arm, shaking from the cold weather. Smiling even deeper, I opened my leather coat and wrapped her inside with me, keeping her warm as I led the way to the cottage.

When it finally came into view, her eyes got so large. Looking up at me, I smiled down at her.

"Welcome home, love."

Walking up to the cottage, I pulled a small brass key from deep in my coat and unlocked the front door. Walking in, beautiful oak furniture occupied the living room, a warm fire had already been lit in the chimney, candles lit around the room giving it . Venus pulled away from me and walked over to the wooden coffee table that had a vase filled with white lilies and purple lavenders. Leaning down, she inhaled deeply, and a huge smile spread across her face.

Looking up at me, I nodded my head towards the closed door at the end of the hallway. Slowly, she followed me behind me, curiosity shining through her eyes. Slowly, I opened up the door and let it swing open. 

The look on her face reminded me that of a child waking up on Christmas morning. Her beautiful eyes went large and round, eyeing all the books that covered 3 walls. Shelves and shelves of books, with a soft lighting chandelier hanging on the ceiling, providing a gentle glow. Running to the book shelf, she began to pull books off of the shelves and carry them with her. Kinda the same energy as a child in a candy store.

As much as I wanted to take her to our new bedroom, I wanted her to enjoy herself tonight and break into our new home. 

"I am going to take a bath and relax. Go ahead and enjoy yourself, love," my voice carried throughout the room.