There'll Be Another Time

Dropping down from the cannon, you watched the Pillar of Autumn fly off, leaving you alone. Taking a long deep sigh, you went over to Emile and removed his knife, connecting it to your shoulder pad.

Y/N: I'll make sure to sharpen it every day, brother.

You grabbed his helmet, too, taking it with you as a way to remember him. You carried his body and buried him with his Shotgun as a cross, still holding his helmet, and you saluted him one last time before leaving. You saw a Warthog and smiled, driving back the way you came; Valkyrie spoke up.

Valkyrie: So what do we do now?

Y/N: Now? I want to find all the team's helmets, then. I'm not sure; maybe have one last stand, but to get the helmets, I would need a Pelican.

Valkyrie: Like that one?

She flashed one on your visor as you drove in; with the warthog inside, you started to take off your helmet, and rubbing your eyes, you headed for where Carter fell.

Y/N: Is there anyone else left? Human, I mean, or am I all that's left?

You took a photo of you all mere seconds before a fight. You had tracked down the guy who took the picture and kept it ever since.

A few tears ran down your face three years you had known them, and now? They were all gone

Valkyrie: Y/N, I'm sorry to say you are the last known human on Reach. You will be up against impossible odds.

Y/N: Wouldnt have it any other way, Valks you ready?

Valkyrie: I'm with you until the end, Y/N.

She projected herself to you as you gave her a fist bump. Over the next nine days, you were raging hell against the Covenant; you had managed to retrieve Carter and Kat's helmets; you were flying until your Pelican was shot down by a Wraith crashing down outside where the Spartan Two's had trained you got to a platform and stood looking around.

Covenant ships flew in as you reloaded your DMR and sighed.

Y/N: There'll be another time

Valkyrie: Y/N?

Y/N: Current objective: Survive

It was a brutal fight; the Covenant were launching everything they had at this Lone Wolf going on the three-hour mark bodies were piled high, but then a crack appeared on your visor, taking out your ammo and grenade counter that when they dropped in Zealots. You got ready.

Y/N: COME GET ME, YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!

You held out for another three hours until another crack came taking out your radar and making it harder than ever, but one last bullet went through your helmet; you were exhausted; throwing your helmet off, you grabbed an assault rifle gunning down one elite as another came from behind you elbowed him to the ground and used your magnum to finish him off a hail of bullets hit you whipping out the assault rifle again another elite shot from your other side duel wielding your rifle and pistol you gunned them down.