New World New Friends

You looked out at the city of Zootopia. It seemed nice.

Y/N: So, humans live here?

Valkyrie: No, talking bipedal animals, humans never existed here, and before you ask, no, I dont know what that portal was, but we are alive, and that's all that matters.

Y/N: Yeah, you are right there; what's the local time and time zone do they use?

Valkyrie: It's just like earth's 24-hour time circle, 7 days a week, 365 days in a year. It's like this is another version of Earth, one where humans never existed, and talking animals took over and built society.

You rubbed your eyes and groaned, grabbing a beer and sitting on the ship's edge overlooking Zootopia.

Y/N: Back to 24-hour and 7-day weeks? It's going to feel weird. I've spent the last what 7 months on Reach with 32 hour-day cycle and 9 days a week; okay, let's get moving.

Downing the beer, Valks flew in, and you jumped off with your cloak on but only took your knife and machete. Didn't want to cause problems, you landed on the beach. Valkyrie took the ship up high and activated the active camo as you walked off the beach.

Y/N: Valks, where am I, and local time?

Valkyrie: Place is called Savanna Central; local time is 8:04 pm, dont worry. I'll keep the ship invisible, but I'll be with you, dont worry.

Pulling up your hood to better help you blend in even though you had your armor on, you wouldn't dare take your helmet off; the animal's reactions could be bad; the streets were empty, the air felt fresh, it felt nice to see something, not on fire you were about 6ft tall your suit made it look a little taller. Walking into a residential area, the street lights warmed you for the first time in years; you could rest without fighting; an SUV pulled up next to you as a window rolled down, and a fox popped his head out.

Fox: Heyyy, reaper, who's soul you taking tonight?

Another voice came from the car, followed by a smack.

???: Nick, be nice! Look at his cloak; he's been through something tough.

You didn't respond; you just kept walking.

Nick: Hey, come on, buddy, I didn't mean it; where you heading anyway?

Y/N: Anywhere really see where I end up.

Nick: Huh, so are you lost or something?

Y/N: No, I just walk where I want; really, I have no real goal in mind is it common to talking to randoms, or am I a special case?

Nick: Let's say you are a special case. Would it be so bad, Reaper?

Y/N: I have a name.

Nick: I'm sure you do, Reaper.

You increased your speed to avoid talking to this fox any longer, that was until you heard the SUV stop and heard a pair of doors open and close in sync.

Y/N: I'd prefer not to be followed if it's all the same to you.

The wind blew, causing your armor to glimmer; as it did, two sets of footsteps ran up and got in front of you; a bunny rabbit who must have been around up to your pelvis in height while the fox was just around your chest in size they wore police officer uniforms you stopped.

Y/N: Some wrong officers?

Nick: Oh, it's officers now?

Y/N: Considering I never look at you in the SUV, so as not to lose more brain cells than I already have. Yes, it's officers now.