Break through

You, Nick, and Judy, we're sitting down, taking a shaky breath. You sipped your drink as Judy rubbed your hand.

Judy: You want to talk to us about what happened?

Y/N: Yeah, after I collapsed, I felt like I woke up in another universe. You two weren't as nice. You two see me angry and hateful.

Nick: Hateful? Like how?

Y/N: You both tranquilized me. I had handcuffs on and some sort of collar on me; it shocked me anytime I expressed too much emotion. I tried to tell you both it was me, but you never cared.

You took another sip from your drink and carried on.

Y/N: When I came back again, the cuffs were off. I tried to get my collar off, but I found blood on my hands. I then saw you both being attacked by a jaguar, and I grabbed a rock, smashing his face in.

You turn to Judy and give her a weak smile.

Y/N: You took my collar off and said I was better off having the collar off finally. I came, too, again, and a bunch of bunnies surrounded me as I woke up in a bed. And I remember someone saying about me enjoying the blueberry pie, and it was a family recipe then I came to.

Nick and Judy, we're quiet; the only sound is that of the ticking clock. Judy was the first to speak.

Judy: I that was heavy and hard to hear, Y/N. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

You felt Judy's paw holding your hand and rubbed your hand gently; taking another sip, you looked down at the table.

Y/N: The thing is the vision or hallucination I had it felt so real, like I was really there; maybe it was another universe or something

Nick sighed, finishing his drink before he held your other hand and gave a warm smile.

Nick: Whatever it was. It's gone now; it's over, and you're back with us where we love and care for you, Y/N, but you said something about shock collars. Why does that ring a bell in the back of my head?

Judy began to think too; it was hard to remember, but then you got an idea.

Y/N: I may have an idea who might know about it more, Mayor Swinton

Judy clicked her fingers, and Nick grinned.

Nick: Your right; she would have access to the archives; she might have somehting about it or some sort of history. You get going, big guy; as Bogo said, for you to take it easy, you want one of us to come with?

Y/N: No, it's okay. Thank you, Nick. I want to do this alone. Both of you stay out of trouble while I'm gone.

Leaving the break room and heading out of the ZPD, you got to your car and drove through Zootopia

Y/N: Valks, call Swinton for me, please

Soon, your earpiece picked up her voice.

Swinton: Ah, mister L/N, what can I do for you?

Y/N: Hey Swinton, I was wondering if I could set up a meeting with you if that's possible

Swinton: Of course, I can always make time for my favorite human hero; when do you want to meet?

Y/N: is now okay? As I'm driving towards town hall now

Swinton: yes, we can do that Y/N. I am curious of what this sudden spur of a meeting is; would you care to explain?

Y/N: I will when I get there, don't worry.

Ten minutes later, you pulled up to town hall, and soon, we were sitting down with Swinton.

Swinton: So, Y/N, what can I do for you? It's not like you to appear out of the blue like this

Y/N: I'm curious, Swinton; you have access to the archives, right?

Swinton: Yes, of course; why do you need to go in there?

Y/N: If it's not too much to ask, I need to see it. I can find something to prove my theory right

Swinton: And what theory is that?

Y/N: Have you ever heard of shock collars?

Swinton's face went pale as she put her drink down on the desk and looked you in the eyes, getting serious

Swinton: how do you know about shock collars?

Y/N: Why does it matter?

Swinton: Because we buried every record of shock collars since before Lionheart became mayor; come with me.

You both stood up as Swinton took you into the archives; soon, she found an old box with a thick layer of dust on it. Blowing it off and opening it, you were handed the contents of the box

 Blowing it off and opening it, you were handed the contents of the box

There it was; you held it in your hands as Swinton sighed. You both left and went back to her office as she pulled out the paperwork for it, too.

Swinton: Before Lionheart became mayor, a sheep was mayor. He wanted all predators to wear collars, and if their emotions got too high

Y/N: They would get a violent shock, suppressing the predator into a more calm and submissive state.

Swinton: That's right now. How do you know about this thing?

Y/N: I got hit by a Taser and hallucinated I was in a different universe wearing a collar and everything

Swinton nodded, listing as she rubbed her eyes.

Swinton: It's not a surprise when we tested the collars; it turned out that some predators hallucinate like you did. That's why we didn't approve it and canceled the whole idea. It wasn't fair for predators to suffer.

A beeping sound alerted you it was Valkyrie

Valkyrie: So sorry to interrupt you, Y/N, but I've got the results back from the gas check

Y/N: And?

Valkyrie: It's the same

Y/N: You mean?

Valkyrie: Night Terror mist and the red mist from the meteor are the SAME!

Y/N: We need to get to Bogo!