Late Night Show and French- Eva Green

How on earth I'd been be convinced to leave the house was beyond me and then to be brought all the way over to a TV studio to watch my friend Jimmy's show was just unfathomable to me. I hated lates nights and socialising but I'd already been in the States for work and when Jimmy asked me to just simply sit in the audience and watch his show, I found it hard to refuse.

So here I was sat in the audience trying as hard as possible to make myself as small and unnoticeable as possible. God only knew what time it was but I knew it was late and certainly an unreasonable time to still be up at. Jimmy hadn't even told me who was going to be on the show, not that I cared all that much, I wasn't a massive fan of celebrities and like a few actresses and that was about it.

Quickly a stage hand person, started shouting out that they would be going out in three. I hadn't the faintest idea what three meant, did it mean three minutes, three second? Three second it was then because before I could finish my thoughts, Jimmy was welcoming everyone to the show and I smiled when I caught his gaze and gave him a nervous smile and a quick and small wave but in return all I got was a smirk and then he soon moved on.

Then he began to call out saying "And our guest tonight, I'm sure you'll all know from movies such as, Dark Shadows, Casino Royale and Cracks, she is now playing a magnificent character in a new series: Penny Dreadful, Eva Green everyone!" And the crowd began to cheer out, I only clapped somewhat half-heartedly, I'd heard of Eva Green before and watched her in Dark Shadows and Cracks but outside of them I wasn't really sure who she was.

Then the before mentioned woman stepped out onto the stage and I couldn't deny that she was beautiful, she had the most gorgeous black hair and was wearing quite the lovely black dress. Then the interview commenced and I listened intently when Jimmy was asking questions and Miss Green was answering them.

"Right now I want us to play a little game," He then looked over to Miss green making sure she was alright with playing a game and in response I watched her give Jimmy a fierce nod as she smiled. "The only thing is I need to borrow someone from the audience," In less than ten seconds the audience erupted into loud shouts and cheers of people who were clearly desperate to get on stage.

"So if the lovely young lady on row and seat 5F could please come up here!" Jimmy called out and I had never felt the blood leave my face and my heart beat stop so quickly before, as Jimmy had called out my seat number. What did he mean, he wanted me to come up, I was only sat watching because I wanted to be a good friend and now this was asking far to much.

It seems that when I didn't make a move to get up Jimmy requested for someone to shine a light on me and suddenly I became very, very shy and tried to curl into myself and look away from all the people who now stared at me. "Come on up Lila!" Jimmy called out using my name and now I knew I couldn't say no, so with purposefully slow movements I got up from my seat and awkwardly made my way down to the stage where Jimmy and Miss Green were.

As I walked up I quickly pulled my blue skirt down as it had risen up due to being sat for so long and then I looked at Jimmy and if looks could kill I was certain my could, he was so dead when all this was over.

"Eva this is my Friend Lila, Lila this is Eva," Jimmy quickly introduced me to Miss Green and suddenly I knew I had to drop the dagger stare as the ravenette got up and began to kiss my cheeks in greeting and unlike Jimmy earlier I easily returned the greeting doing the same to her before taking the seat next to her own.

"Hello," I said sheepishly to the woman that was now sat next to me brushing back a piece of my brunette hair behind my ear.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you," She responded to me her French accent seeping through into her voice, a sound that reflexively made me smile at the warmness of the homely sound that she was emitting with no more than a few words.

I was going to say likewise before Jimmy interrupted us both and I was very quickly reminded that I had about one hundred people staring at me and cheeks began to heat from embarrassment. "So not that I've got my extra player, this is the game, Lila.." he began, "So Lila some English sentences are going to appear on the screen over there and your going to translate them into French, seeing as your already an expert in the language and Eva your going to be the judge, we all got it."

Right that was it Jimmy Kimmel was not going to be alive tomorrow, was this just one humiliating joke to make fun of me. I could barely speak French I'd only learnt it in school. "Wait, you know French?" And then I heard the excited voice of Miss Green and I felt terrible to have to tell her otherwise.

"No, not really, I only learnt it in school," I said to her gently and though she did very well to hide it I saw the slight disappointment at my answer. Then Jimmy just had to interrupt and say that I actually knew a lot of French since I'd been studying it for eleven years before sitting my exams and trust me when I say that If I could hit him right now I would.

"Now lets begin the game," And so the endless string of humiliation was to begin, the first sentence came up and thank the Lord they were starting me off with something easy, so adjusting my body to face Miss Green and Jimmy I asked, "Bonjour, comment ça va?" Asking how they were was easy enough and it seemed I had got it right when Miss Green started answering back in French, thankfully though she only said that she was alright and then asked me how I was.

Another couple of Sentences came up and on some of them I seemed to do a good job though when I had to say 'I love going swimming in summer,' I instead said 'I love went to chicken in summer,' using not only the past tense but also saying the French word for chicken instead of swimming. Gosh if my old French teacher were watching this she'd be disappointed in me.

Though my mishap didn't receive the same reaction from Jimmy and Miss Green, Jimmy couldn't really understand what I was saying to begin with but Eva Green was currently doubling over her seat in a string fit of laughter and I knew my cheeks had turned tomatoes red and I couldn't help but nervously chuckle and then when she told me what I'd actually said all I could do was turn around in my seat and hide my face there.

Both Jimmy and Miss Green had to work together to get me to continue playing, eventually I gave in and thankfully for me it was the last round as the show was ending in five minutes. "Right so this time Lila all your going to do is read out the French sentence on the screen to Eva, please." Thank God, no more embarrassing me with my appalling French, instead reading a sentence was something I could do very well and convincingly.

So turning round to face Eva I recited the sentence I had been asked to say and couldn't make out anything more then the word like and me. After finishing speaking, I waited a minute for Miss Green or for Jimmy to respond but nothing came, then another minute passed and I watched as the ravenette's mind tried to process what I said and then the colour pink began to coat her cheeks and just in the background I could see Jimmy holding back a devilish smile and a knowing look.

"Wait, What? What did I say? I asked profusely as no one had yet explained to me what I had said and as the seconds ticked by I began to become very, very self conscious. Finally, the silence was broken and the blue eyed woman that sat across from me began to speaking in a slightly quieter breathy voice, with a nervous laugh following.

"You asked me if I wanted to go out for coffee with you tomorrow," I said what? And then a man's cackle burst out and I knew it was Jimmy and then I looked over to him. He'd stopped laughing and now looking at me with a knowing look and slight shrug of the shoulders. Ah so he'd been the one to do this and then hit me, he was trying to get me a date, that's why he'd asked me to come on the show, the cheeky little...

"So do you want to?" The soft French accented voice pulled me out of my thoughts before I could mentally finish that sentence and I then locked eyes with Eva, who was waiting, in perhaps anticipation for my answer.

"I um... I'm... I'm not sure," And then the show ended and eventually of course I said yes, with her looking at me like that and with jimmy giving a vigorous nod and a furious double thumbs up, I knew I couldn't really say no.
_________________________________________
Hey everyone, I hope you all enjoyed. Until next time fellow readers.