A Miracle- Colette Marchant

Requested and suggested by maykeeblue
_______________________
Things had been good since the collapse of Dreamland. Actually they'd been better than good, especially for Colette who finally felt at home within the Medici circus.

She was happy more so than she'd ever been in her life and she'd somewhere, during it all, had found love. Her and Holt had been together for almost a year now and she's never felt more respected or loved in her life.

At first she had worried that she wouldn't fit, it wasn't to do with how different the circus was or the people who occupied it. If anything it was only to do with the two of its youngest members, Milly and Joe.

Initially she was frightened that they wouldn't like her, especially not when she started dating her father but thankfully, Colette was quickly proven wrong as both children seemed to adore.

Joe loved spending time with her whilst she practiced different tricks and after a week of begging Colette finally caved in taught Joe some of the basics.

Time with Milly was the complete opposite but Colette it just as much. Milly enjoyed teaching collect all there was to know about science and in return Colette would curl up with the little girl and tell her some of her grand stories.

It was another sunny day like all the rest this years summer and Colette had decided to get up early to do some arial practice for Medici next big idea.

She'd started with the basic warm up so her body wouldn't ache afterwards and then she moved on to the bar and once she was on it, she'd entered her own little world where time seemed to slip away from her.

Two hours had passed when Colette had finally decided that she deserved a break for the morning.

After getting herself down and tidying up a little bit she went to grab some water. Yet she wasn't even two sips down when it all started coming back up, her stomach quite avidly refusing the liquid and then deciding it would bring up some, actually no all of last nights dinner.

This was strange, Colette thought to herself. She very rarely got sick and she hadn't actually frown up in at least year. It was definitely odd and the French aerialist struggled to come up with an explanation.

At first Colette had shrugged it off as a one time thing but when it happened again the next day and then again the day after, she knew something was definitely wrong, she just couldn't place it.

Her diet hadn't changed, her routine hadn't either and she wasn't stressed at least she didn't think she was but this sickness was making her question otherwise.

There wasn't many explanations for her constant sickness and when sudden fatigue was added onto the list, it seemed the chances for a diagnosis were getting smaller and smaller.

Then one morning when she was sat outside instead of practicing, because she just didn't have the energy or strength for it, something suddenly dawned on her.

She could be pregnant but when her mind had come up with that she couldn't help but laugh. Her, pregnant, that seemed ludicrous. Yet when she thought about more, it did seem to make some sense.

Then her stomach twisted and sinking feeling absorbed her. If she was she'd have to tell Holt and the kids and then she became scared. What if he wasn't happy? What if he didn't love her enough to have a child with her and what if the children hated her for it and saw it as the final step for her replacing their mother.

Now what was meant to be happy and exciting realisation was turning into something frightful and now she couldn't tell if it was the morning sickness or the fear, that wanted to make her empty her entire organs on the floor.