Enchanted- Vesper Lynd

It was a night unlike any other, tonight MI6 and the Treasury had put together some sort of gala type reception for a certain amount of their employees and it would seem I was one of the lucky few to be invited, the only thing is I didn't want to be here.

I wasn't a fan of social events and could barely stand being out of the house past seven o'clock but I hadn't come here for myself, I'd come here for her and she hadn't even shown up yet.

So I stood over in a back corner of the reception hall, that was decked out in people and all sorts of finery, in a floor length pink chiffon dress that was accompanied by a shawl of pink silk and gold details. This would never have been something I'd pick out for myself but it was stunning and I did truly love it.

I'd waited for her, she was supposed to be here a half hour ago and still she hadn't shown up, my only reason for being here not even here, how sad did that sound.

I'd began to get nervous being on my own, surrounded by so many unknown faces. I worried that everyone was judging me and talking about the sad little girl who was hiding in a corner because she'd been stood up.

Suddenly I was a teenager again, no longer a woman who worked for MI6 but a sixteen year old, who's only reason for not going to her school leavers event was because she was never asked to go by someone.

It was stupid, I know but that's how it felt, I relied on her to be here, she was my girlfriend and the woman who held my heart and she was already now forty-five minutes late, with about four missed calls and two voicemails.

Those last fifteen minutes of the first hour quickly disappeared and I couldn't stand the idea of taking another glass of whatever it was they were serving tonight. Then the first hour ended and the hand that clasped my clutch was no longer following instructions from my head and was instead searching for my phone.

I dialled the number I could memorise in a heartbeat. One ring, then another, then another one and finally a fourth buzzing ring of the call came and I knew what was coming next. My prediction of course was correct as the call quickly went to that god forsaken voicemail that I'd already heard twice tonight.

"Hi Ves, It's me, I know I've already called but I wanted you to know that I've been here now for an hour," I began to say choking back a sob as I spoke, "I'm wearing the dress you picked out for me, it fits perfectly, but of course it does you chose it. Where are you Ves? you promised you'd be here, I've made sure to save you a dance, though I don't think it will matter. Please show up soon, I love you."

I ended the voice message their and even though I knew it was stupid, I felt my heart inside my chest and how it tightened and shattered a little when she hadn't picked up.

Where was she? I knew she could be late, of course I did, I'd been dating her for two and half years now but she'd never before been this late and it made all sorts of thoughts swirl around in my head, some of them frightened me and others just made me upset.

I quickly became aware of how the music in the room had grown much louder and suddenly I didn't want to be standing here anymore, so I left. I got myself out of that corner I had been standing in and walked of the large gala room and walked out into the reception and arrivals area.

I walked over to the closest wall and, facing away from the entrance, I tried to centre myself once again. Then I heard a voice, at first I thought my mind was playing tricks with me but then I heard it a second time and it was louder and a little bit closer.

"Y/n!" I heard the voice, calling my name, more distinctly now and I knew I'd recognise the soft lull of that voice absolutely anywhere.

In a rush I turned around and stood away from the wall and then I saw her, it was Vesper walking into the venue dressed like the Goddess I knew she was, in the most beautiful purple dress and then I knew I would love her forever.

"Y/n," She said my name again, her smile beaming at me as she came closer and now I could no longer wait for her to close the distance, so I decided to do it myself.

I ran up to her and Immediately threw my arms around her neck and pulled her into the tightest embrace I could muster and then my lips were upon her and without hesitation she kissed me back with just as much passion.

Our lips danced and our tongues battled for dominance, as Eva's arms snaked around my waist and brought me in closer into her by the hips and very quickly I knew we'd have to find a room before we were demanded to leave.

It seemed Vesper had had the same thought as very quickly, without barely breaking the kiss, she'd directed us into a room that I didn't care to inspect, all my previous upset and anger dissipated upon seeing her.

Very quickly I was pushing Vesper up against the nearest wall and loosening my arms from around her neck. Though my act of dominance was quickly changed, as Vesper swapped our positions and in a matter of seconds I was up against the wall, and her mouth was trailing kisses down my neck.

"Ves..." I tried to breathe out, "Your here," was all I was able to say that was coherent, as her kisses on my neck continued, though they quickly became softer.

"Of course I did," She spoke breathlessly pulling away, "I'm so sorry sweetheart, i wanted to be here sooner but I had some things to attend to." She didn't elaborate any further, only giving me a final gentle kiss on the lips before she looked up and around the space we were in.

I followed her line of site and saw that we were standing in a stairwell and when I looked up, I could see it went pretty far up. "Come let's go up," She spoke hurriedly, grabbing my hand carefully into her own and pulling us both up the stairs being careful of our dresses.

Soon we had done about five flights of stairs and then Vesper was opening up one of the doors and immediately I was hit by a gust of cold night air. She'd pulled us out onto the roof.

Walking out onto the roof Vesper whispered to me "I believe you saved me a dance," And soon we were dancing to the imaginary music of London city, upon one of its tallest hotels.

"I love you Y/n Y/l/n," Vesper whispered, her forehead against mine and her blue eyes focusing against my Y/e/c ones.

"And I love you, Vesper Lynd," And it seemed those were my final words as both of our lips soon met and we ended the evening with a soft and genuine kiss full of nothing but love.
______________________
Hey guys, I hope you all enjoyed this little Vesper story, let me know in the comments what you think Vesper was up to. Until next time fellow readers.