The Clairvoyant's White Witch Prt 2- Vanessa Ives

I hope this is a good enough part 2.
__________________________________
I saw the fear wash over Vanessa, the way she stiffened at my words and suddenly, regardless of how close we sat, I now felt a thousand miles away from her.

It was the words 'Witch' that had caused such fear, I wasn't idle minded, I knew what that word meant when the recipient understood the context behind it and clearly Miss Ives did.

"Why now? You haven't plagued me for all these weeks," She began to ask me, her voice hard as steel and I could tell when she said the word 'you' she didn't mean just me, she meant more than one person. "Was it to taunt me further? Distract me with Mina so that I'd forget you were there?"

Now she was standing and backing away from me, placing herself at the far end of the fire place, creating a distance to make herself feel safer.

"Miss Ives I assure you, that whatever creatures have plagued you in the past, that I am not one of them. I am a White Witch not a nightwalker, I have no scars to show, I was born the way I am with the duty to help others and that's what I intend to do for you."

My tone was firm and assuring, I knew she'd only reason with me if I came across as such and though I remained in my previous position sat on the couch, It seemed that I may have been successful in making the ravenette believe me, if only to a certain extent.

"How do I know this to be true, what proof do you have to show me, for me to believe such a thing." Miss Ives had stepped out from behind the far end of the fireplace and in doing so had taken a step towards me, though I began to wonder what proof I had that I could show her.

There wasn't much I could show her, not now, not at this hour. It was the nighttime and that was when Night Walkers thrived, I was more akin to a Day Walker and so my strength lay in the light of day, not in the darkness of night.

I sat there wondering what I could do, what I could possibly show her to prove that I had no ill intent but I needed to think of something quickly, I could see how her patience was beginning to grow thin. The first thing that came to mind, was the birthmark I had on my right shoulder blade, a pair of angel wings, but that would take to long to show and even then I don't think Miss Ives would believe me.

What to do? I thought to myself until an idea finally came to me, there was one thing I could do at night, though I began to worry that it wouldn't be enough to convince her but right now it would have to make do.

"Do you have anything made of glass that's see through but not easily broken?" I then asked Miss Ives, using a careful tone so as not to push her to far.

Within a moment of contemplation she then cautiously began to walk away from the fireplace entirely and out of my line of site. I knew though that she hadn't left the room as there was no sound of a door being opened and closed, which meant she was hopefully grabbing what I requested from behind me.

Regardless of knowing that Miss Ives was still in the room I made no effort to move and turn around to find her exact location. I knew I didn't need to and for some peculiar reason I felt that I could trust her, more than I possibly should.

"Here!" She announced coming back over with an object in hand, before thrusting it out in front of me. I looked over the item before taking it, making sure that it was what I needed and thankfully it was.

The ravenette had handed me exactly what I had described, it was a lantern with glass panels, a brass gold top and bottom, with little stars cut out from the top of it. Yes, this would do perfectly.

"Just a word of caution Miss Ives, don't be frightened by what you see," I knew that I needn't say such a thing to the intellectual woman but it was as if the sentence had been programmed into me and made it compulsory to say.

"Very little frightens me these days, Miss Damar," She spoke my name with a hint of venom as she folded her arms in front of her chest waiting. I only hoped that once she saw that I was telling the truth, that the malice she had for me would become non-existent.

Then, as I knew that sentence would be my confirmation to begin, I opened the tiny glass door on the lantern and then held out my hand towards the fire. Before I did anything though I placed, the lantern down on a table that sat by me and then looking over to Miss Ives I smiled at her before I began.

With the hand that was outstretched towards the fire, I began to slowly curl my fingers back, urging an ember from the fire to come and play. It took a moment but very quickly a small ember of fire no bigger than a golf ball, came floating out from the fire and towards my hand.

Once the ember of orange flame had come to rest on the palm of my hand, I looked up to where Miss Ives stood, her face showing little emotion though I could see the slight surprise in her eyes.

My gaze remained focus on Miss Ives as her's was on me and with the ember in my hand I placed it inside the little lantern with the stars and closed its small door.

"Miss Ives, will you come sit down please?" i asked her kindly, patting the spot next to me on the couch, my smile never faltering. She then looked at me as if to say that she didn't want to and that even still she didn't trust me. Though it seemed something in her had finally relented as she did eventually take up the offered seat.

"How is this supposed to prove anything?" She asked me skeptically, still keeping at least some distance between us on the couch.

"You know it does Miss Ives" I began to say, "Don't try and so say it doesn't, you know fully well that if I were a Night Walker Witch, then with that little ember this entire building would be set a flame and you'd already be lost."

She knew that what I said was the truth and soon after she was able to ease the battle inside of her, I saw how her body relaxed and I then decided I could have a bit fun with her.

"Now come closer, this next bit is when the magic truly starts," I spoke to her excitedly, gesturing for her to come and sit closer to me so I could show her something truly magical.

My eagerness and excitement must have convinced her that it was alright, as she was now sitting beside me, waiting for me to show her what I had promised.

with Miss Ives beside me, I gave her a final smile before swiftly twisting my wrist and hand, extinguishing the fireplace completely and now the only light in the room, was the little lantern and its ember.

Though how Vanessa flinched in her seat once the fire went out, didn't go unnoticed by me and to reassure her that she was safe, I shuffled closer to her side, our bodies now touching and with my right hand I began to brighten the ember.

I watched how transfixed Miss Ives was on the source of the light but I couldn't have her missing out on the best part. "Miss Ives," I said quietly gently tapping her on the shoulder and then she turned to face me.

"Look up," And I pointed to the ceiling and she soon followed my gaze upwards.

I heard the audible gasp, at what she saw, first and then she said "It's beautiful," And I couldn't help but smile longingly and wantingly at her as she admired my handy work.

As what shone upon the ceiling wasn't only the simple cut out of stars, but the entire universe cast out in an orange glow for all to see and Miss Ives had called it beautiful and yet the only beautiful thing I saw, was her.
____________________________
Hey guys, I hope you all liked it, I know a lot didn't happen but I thought it was cute. Until next time fellow readers.