Owning the Red Carpet- Eva Green

I couldn't believe I was here, with her, the love of my life, right now. Me and Eva had been together for two years now and we were currently on our way to the premiere for Dumbo, which coincidentally fell on the evening of our two year anniversary, and I was certainly going to make it a night that we'd both remember forever.

Pulling up to the premiere I turned and faced Eva who sat next to me, positioned perfectly to be the first person out of the car and I saw how she sat there fiddling with her fingers. I knew how she got nervous before events like this, we'd both already agreed that we wouldn't be staying for any after parties or 'Plastic Parties' as Eva liked to call them.
"Hey, everything's going to be okay," I whispered to her reassuringly as I placed my hand over hers to stop her fiddling. "And you never know it might be really fun," I said to her smiling knowingly, I had a couple of surprises up my sleeve.

"I know," Eva responded taking in a deep breath before she returned my smile with one of her own beautiful ones. "Anything will be fun as long as your with me," my heart melted then and I could already feel a tear or two pricking at the back of my eyes.

Eva then took our conjoined hands and brought them up to her lips giving them a loving kiss, her red lipstick staining them slightly, before the car stopped and then the door was being opened for us to leave.
I watched how Eva hesitated slightly and so I gave her hand a tight squeeze which seemed to give her the confidence she needed as I then said, "Don't worry, I won't ever let go."

she then looked at me and I saw how her ocean blue eyes searched mine for a little more encouragement, "Promise?" She asked me and I may have almost not heard but I knew her well enough that I would always hear everyone word she said and even the ones that remained unspoken.

"I promise, my Princess," Then she left the car with a final deep breath pulling me with her, as our hands never left one another's and I knew I could never love anyone as much as I loved her.

Then the flashes came and the cheers began and suddenly the press were firing questions in every direction known to man but I was quick to react, I didn't even have to think about it, it was just a reflex.

I held Eva even tighter by her hand and practically glued myself to her side as I lead us down the carpet. I'd never been to something like this before, so I was acting purely on instinct my mind going completely into overdrive. It's one focus was making Eva feel comfortable and safe and also make sure she had an amazing time.

We'd had to stop once or twice so Eva could answer some interview questions but once I saw the look in her eyes shift, from the questions lasting to long, I was on it and knew the perfect way to make her laugh.

A whispered joke in the ear always seemed to do the trick at home and it seemed to work even better here, especially when I attempted some of the jokes in French, my imperfect translation seeming to be hysterical to Eva as she doubled over in laughter more than once and that's when I knew I was doing my job correctly.

We were now on the fifth interview and I was simply waiting now for all my planning and scheming over the last few weeks to fall into place.

Then as this final questionnaire interview came to a close the quiet music they'd had playing in the background became louder and I seized the opportunity to complete step 2 of my plan.

Step 1 had been to get Eva to this point.

As the music became louder and some of the other cast stood at the front of the red carpet in an open wide section, free of the press standing two inches away from you, I dragged Eva over with me.

I pulled her over by our joined hands and without warning we were standing on the open space with the music playing and I grabbed Eva's over hand, her faces completely perplexed and then I began to dance with her.

The music became louder and little faster and I began twirling her around and around, at first she was hesitant but soon enough as she saw how much I was enjoying it, she gave in and threw caution to the wind.

We danced and twirled, our hands always joined. Eva and I were laughing like mad women and for those three minutes of the song there was no one else around. It was just us goofing around in the living room with the music blaring and causing absolute chaos.

I knew it was coming close to the end of the song and on that final increase in Volume I lifted her up into the air by her waist twirling her around in the air as she laughed and smiled, a cheshire wide smile, down at me.

Then the music slowed and faded away and I placed Eva backdown on her feet, the only difference now, from before, was that she was facing away from me, her back turned to me.

Which gave me the perfect planned amount of time to signal Dani over, who placed the small blue velvet box in my hand and moving the skirts of my dress slightly I knelt down in just enough time for Eva to turn back around.

I watched as a thousand and one emotions rushed through her at once, before her face settled on shock and she was covering her mouth with her hands, eyes wide in shock.

"Eva Gaëlle Green," i began to say remaining on one knee as she looked down at me, waiting. "My beautiful, crazy and outstanding girlfriend, I...." And then I had to take a deep breath becoming nervous myself.

"I had a whole speech prepared but suddenly it's left my mind, so here it goes, off script. I've loved you since the moment I saw you, I've loved you since the first time we got drinks together, I've loved you ever since we ran around Hyde park in the middle of the night on the way home.

I love you in the way you dance around the living room to classical music, I love the way you hum to yourself as you cook dinner, I love your patience with me when I butcher your native language.

But most of all I love the way that you entered my life, head first and down a couple of steps in the hotel I was staying at in Paris. That's how you and I have always done everything, head first with no regrets and that's how I want us to continue.
So my beautiful Princess, the Mistress of my heart and my best friend. Will you marry me?"

I saw the tears flood down Eva's cheeks leaving stains as they went by and it took no less than two seconds for her to kneel down, wrap her arms around me and bring me back to my feet in an embrace.

"Yes, yes of course I'll marry you Y/N!"
____________________________
Hey everyone, this has got to be my favourite thing I've written in a while, I hope you all enjoyed reading it. Until next time fellow readers.