marry you

★ HARRY ★

August 2nd
1998

"Harry, would you move! I'm trying to fluff the pillows!" Lorelai swats me with her arm, forcing me off the couch.

"Why are you fluffing the pillows? It's my mom, not the queen." I sigh, standing up and watching her manically smash her hands into the pillows.

"I don't want her first impression of our house to be flat pillows," She sighs in a stressed tone, reshaping one pillow a hundred times.

"Well she'll see the dying garden out front first," I attempt to joke but Lorelai whips her head towards me with a scowl on her face. I grab her by the forearms, pulling her way from the beaten to death pillows. I pull her into me, my hands cupping her face as my eyes burn into hers. "She's gonna love you. She already does love you. An unfluffed pillow isn't gonna change that."

"I know," She sighs, the tension in her shoulders slowly dissipating. "I'm just nervous is all. I mean, it's the first time we are meeting and our wedding is in two days."

"It's gonna go great." I pull her into my chest, wrapping my arms around her neck. I gently kiss the top of her head, swaying us back and forth. "I'm so excited to have my two favorite girls under one roof!"

Lorelai pinches my side and I jolt away from the hug, a wicked smile on her face. "C'mon, we gotta get ready to head to the airport."

Just as Lorelai finishes her sentence, our doorbell rings. "Can you get that?" Lorelai smiles up at me.

I sigh, stomping over towards the door. My feet scrape against the hardwood, and my hand soon lands on the doorknob. I twist it and pull the door open wide. Before my eyes can even register who is on the other side, a blindfold is being shoved onto my head, shielding my eyes.

"What the fuck!" I scream, trying to pull the blindfold off while simultaneously tugging the hands off my body.

"You're coming with us!" A high pitched voice squeaks out beside me.

"Mitch, we said lower your voice!" I hear Zayn yell, a slapping sound, and a small 'ow' coming from Mitch.

Well at least now I know who my kidnappers are.

I give up on trying to fight them off, willingly allowing them to drag me out of the house.

"Wait!" I hear Lorelai yell. Yes, maybe she'll save me from this. "Don't forget his shoes!" Damn it.

I'm dragged outside by my arms with, honestly, a very weak pull. I could easily break out and escape, but I'll let them have their fun. I'm shoved into the backseat of a car, two bodies squishing in beside me. I hear all the car doors close, and finally my blindfold is ripped off my head.

"Surprise! It's us! You're friends! We are the ones who kidnapped you!" Mitch exclaims from beside me as if they didn't make that obvious already.

"What! No way! I totally thought it was real kidnappers and Lorelai just let them take me!" I feign a gasp, a fake look of shock on my face.

"See guys! I told you he'd fall for it!" Mitch applauds himself while everyone looks at him with a bored expression.

"Okay guys, I know what's going on, but I unfortunately have to go pick up my mom from the airport right now. Sorry to kill the plan, but drop me back off at home." I try to reason with them.

"No can do, buddy boy. We've got you for the whole night," Niall gleams from my left.

"Guys, seriously. Lorelai was stressed enough about meeting her for the first time, I can't make her do it alone," I speak more seriously.