babyhoney

★LORELAI★

May 27th

1997

"Thirty minutes 'til we have to leave!" Faye bangs on Harry's closed door.

He's kidnapped the whole band and shoved them into his room, demanding a mandatory band meeting. They've been in there all morning, and all afternoon. I've heard the light strums and beats of their makeshift instruments, most likely running through the setlist over and over to make sure it's perfect.

Tonight's a huge night for them, finally performing for a group of people who actually sought them out. People from all over San Francisco are coming to see what all the media buzz is about. I can tell that they are stressing about making a good impression, but from the few articles written about the showcase, they are already doing great.

This past week their whole lives have started to change. Mr. Chen advised them all to put in their two weeks at their jobs, wanting to get them on the road as soon as possible. I heard Mitch talking about a meeting with Mr. Chen about a possible tour. It wouldn't be big, probably just around California, but that's huge for them.

I even put my two weeks in at the bar. It was nerve wracking and a bit sad, but I'm looking forward to where my life is going. Mr. Chen has put me in contact with everyone that will be placed on Painted Lady's PR team, but he didn't tell me I'd be leading it. All of these people now expect me to make the executive decisions about possible PR moves, and they produce it. It's exciting and frightening to have that much power.

Two knocks on the front door pull me from my thoughts, and I stand from the couch to get it. I pull open the door to see Leo's shining face on the other side.

"Am I late?" He asks, rushing into the room.

"Not really, let's just convince Faye you've been here the entire time or she may have a breakdown."

He leans down to kiss my lips once before walking straight into the living room, avoiding Faye's nervous pacing in the hallway. I go to sit with him on the couch, not allowing myself to get comfortable because of the time crunch we are on.

"If they don't get out here in the next five minutes, I'm going to shoves Zayn's balls so far down- Leo? When'd you get here?" Faye storms into the living room, looking extremely distressed.

"I've been here." Leo lies.

"No, you were-"

"He's been here all day, Faye." I add, watching her face scrunch up in confusion.

"Am I going insane or something?" Faye slowly sits down on the couch, rubbing her temples.

The door to Harry's room creaks open, all of them walking out in a line. They walk into the living room, looking a bit more confident than when they walked into Harry's room.

"What are you guys doing? We have a show to get to, c'mon!" Harry taunts with a smile.

"You fuck! If you don't-" Faye jumps from the couch, hurtling towards Harry.

Harry jumps out of the way as Zayn catches Faye's body mid-air. She dangles in his arms, screaming profanities at Harry and throwing her limbs in all different directions. "Let me at him!"

ʚ ♥ ɞ

The sun casts an orange glow over the city as we drive down the street. The venue we are heading to isn't too far away, but it's enough of a distance for everyone to calm down.

Faye was sentenced to being stuck in the car with Leo and I after she relentlessly tried to attack Harry. She sits in the back seat, sulking like a child.