Chapter Thirty-One

Everyone at the table except Garreth and Xander sort of gave Sebastian a knowing look as he just took a drink of his butterbeer and said nothing further. 

Garreth cocked an eyebrow. "What was that about?"

Ominis grinned and took a drink to hide a growing smile. "Sebastian, would you care to explain that or should I?"

I laughed. "I could always do it."

Sebastian pointed at me. "Absolutely not."

"Why not!? So, what happened, was Ominis hmph-"

Sebastian clapped a hand over my mouth. "Not another word out of you, miss."

"I accidently kissed her in front of him and he flew off the handle." Ominis finished what I couldn't, and the table was a mix of laughter and mouths hanging open. 

Sebastian grumped. "You stole her first kiss, damnit."

I pried his hand from my mouth. "What are you talking about? That wasn't my first kiss."

"What!?" Several people seemed surprised by this, including Sebastian. 

"It's not that big of a deal, is it?"

"Who was it? And why did you not tell us?" Natty and Poppy were practically pushing at each other in their seats, like they were fighting for the space to lean close enough to hear what I was going to say.

"It was Garreth, at the Yule Ball last year."

"WHAT!?" Sebastian's eyes blazed with fury and Garreth started sputtering. 

"Woah! I did not! It wasn't me I-Elena tell him it wasn't me!" Garreth scooted his chair back and looked like he was about to run for the door, while Sebastian looked like he was dangerously close to smacking another butterbeer into the wall despite Sirona's warning. 

Natty and Poppy's mouths were hanging open, Xander and Ominis looked...confused. But that's because they knew.

I burst out laughing, unable to keep up with the joke. 

"Sebastian, Sebastian! I'm kidding."

Before I had time to yell or scoot my seat back, Sebastian had stood and scooped me up out of my chair, throwing me over his shoulder and starting to carry me off through the room and toward the door. The reactions from our friends were a mix of laughter and more confusion. Natty shouted after us. "You better bring her back here!"

Sebastian waved her off and took us outside, to the back of the tavern, where I found myself handily pinned against the building, his lips against mine for a long few moments, biting a little as he pulled back. "Not funny, Elena. And you're lucky we're in public because I-"

"I can't believe you don't remember."

"...remember what?"

"...That you were my first kiss? How could you have forgotten that? How warped is that nightmare of our fight?"

He pulled further back, confused. "I..."

"Very, is what you're telling me. Or at least your face is."

"How could I have forgotten something like that? I-"

Screams interrupted our conversation, causing both Sebastian and I to turn and run around to the front of the building. 

"Merlin's beard it's like fifth year all over again..."

Two trolls were in the square. Two armored ones. So they hadn't wandered in by accident. People were yelling and scattering, a couple were trying to lead them off, but they weren't going to be swayed. One smashed his club into a cart about the time people started flooding out of the Three Broomsticks.