Chapter 09

Tony watches as Jasmine runs around the house happily without a care, he sighs as he looks at the time.

"Hey, we need to go" he shouts at her having had enough of her giggling around.

Jasmine feels free; as she runs around the farmhouse, it reminds her of her old pack. A week far away from all the drama and especially him she feels like she can breathe again.

It broke her heart, when he said he did not care about her as if she didn't know about it. But then again, knowing and actually hearing it from him is two different things and it sure hurts so damn much!

When she found that Tony would be coming to visit his mother's grave, it was a perfect getaway for her too. Therefore, she had begged him to take her too and she will always be thankful to him that he did.

She sighs as she looks around once more. Time to go back to the reality and face the demon, she sighs before she follows Tony.

Jasmine sneaks to her room without someone noticing her or meeting him and takes breathe of relief. She gets startle when there is a knock on her door but when she opens it, she finds Scar there with a smile.

"You are back; I just met Tony so I thought I would come by. I missed you!" she hugs Jasmine.

"I was thinking, we haven't had chance to spend much time together so how about we go shopping tomorrow?" Scar beams clapping her hands in excitement.

Jasmine hesitates not knowing how to approach the topic before she speaks.

"Don't you want to spend some time with your son?" she asks finally.

"Oh, he has gone out for a few days, so don't worry" Scar waves her hand and Jasmine visibly relaxes and agrees to go.

*******

Advin curses his luck as he sees the cottage or farmhouse whatever it was before getting out of his car. He knocks on the door but no one answers. He looks around the house to find it empty.

"Where the fuck did they go?" he curses aloud.

At the same moment his stomach growls making his even angrier than before and he curses again as he forgot to eat because he was so hell bent to come over here.

After hunting some rabbit, he sits on the porch happily waiting for Tony and his dear mate.

Even after waiting them for over an hour they don't show up making him growl in frustration so he decides to take a nap in his car as he waits and before he knows it he is fast asleep.

*******

Jasmine enjoys her day out with Scar; it had been so long since they had spent so much time together.

Everything had changed after he came back. She had to watch her every step, she could not even walk freely dreading to see him and getting her heart broken all over again.

She knows he will never accept her as his mate and she does not want him to, knowing if he does then his pack will question him for choosing her as his mate. However, her stupid heart so desperately wants him to claim her. Just because of that, she gets hurt with every step.

"You there?" she is snap out of her daze by Scar who looks at her in amusement. "What?" she asks sheepishly as she had not heard a word Scar said

"Where were you? I have been talking to you but you seem lost. Is everything alright?" Scar asks worried.

"Huh! Oh no, no, I'm good just thinking about the graduation" and just like that Scar starts talking about the dress she should were and stuff.

Jasmine just smiles nodding where necessary as Scar keeps on talking.

*******

Advin enters the pack house in rage; he had been waiting in that stupid house for both of them to return, only to find out that they had already returned to the pack house.

He curses his idiocy to rush off like that without thinking and making a fool out of himself when he knows that she does not care about him at all.

If she did she would not have avoided him or ever go against him. She has never, not even once done what he asked her to, fighting him with every step.

She wants to play games then fine, it is not as if he will die without her. He does not want a mate who is as stubborn as she is.

His phone rings as soon as he enters his room making him forget all about his hardheaded mate.

"What?" he snaps only to apologize to the person in the phone. He nods as he hears the voice before making an arrangement.

In all of this mess, he had totally forgotten about his deal.

*******

Jasmine smiles as she gets in the house, she has really enjoyed her day today. Actually, the whole week was great. She felt like her self and was quiet happy with it. As she says her goodbye to Scar, she takes a turn to go into her room only to stop by the Alpha himself.

She turns around as everyone in the house gathers at the hall for whatever the announcement was to going to be. She smiles as she hears what the Alpha has to say.

"Hello, to all of you! You must be curious, as to why I have called all of you here. Well, let me first introduce you to my long time friend Mason Stone and his beautiful daughter Amery Stone!" Everyone in the room shouts to shows their enthusiasm.

"Ok, now the most important part, I'll be leaving my post as your Alpha soon!" and just like that everyone in the room starts to protest.

"Hey now, I'm too old for this shit anyway, but I'm glad my son will be handling everything from here onwards" he adds enthusiastically making everyone laugh.

"Well, I'm very happy to give my title to my elder son and I'm more than happy to announce that he has finally decided to settle down with his mate" with that announcement everyone in the room falls silent.

Jasmine looks around wide eyed as she shakes; he is going to tell everyone that he and she are mates, Oh god! She hides behind a pillar and watches as he climbs the stage proudly.

He smiles as he looks around until his eyes meet hers. He holds her gaze for a few seconds until she looks away.

"Well, I know I should have done this ages ago but I was just plain scared to take the huge step and get settled down, but coming back and meeting each and everyone of you, and seeing my best friend get settled down...

I too wanted that, so I decided not to wait any longer, so people, I hope you will respect my decision and love the girl I choose as my mate. May, I present you my mate?" he announces.

All the while Jasmine closes her eyes as she dreads for this, he is ready to ruin everything just for her. Her heart sores at the thought and a smile crept up on her lips as she opens her eyes to meet her mate's with confidence and to see him watching lovingly back but not at her.

Her world comes crashing down as her worst nightmare comes true.

"Pack, I present you your future Alpha female Amery stone!" he announces. All the members shout and wish them luck as they cheer for their new Alpha.

Their shout deafens her and it's so loud that she can't even hear her own heart break in a million pieces by the only person she had wished to be there for her, but once again he turned his back like he always does.

Coward!