Chapter 22

Jasmine could not believe what she sees as he stands in front, holding her and without thinking she jumps in his arms as she tries to control her shaking. She hides her face in his chest and breathes the familiar scent only he has, to calm herself.

Advin holds her tightly as she shakes and looks around the place to find the source, which spooked her. He could not believe he found her after so long. However, seeing her in this condition he gets worried.

"Baby, look at me! What is it?" he asks as he holds her face in his palm trying to know why she was scared so much

She shakes her head as tears spills down from her face so she desperately clutches his shirt looking around pointing her finger at the way she came from.

Advin looks at the way she points out but sees nothing and just as he tries to step away from her, she holds him back.

"No one is there baby, look!" he tries to turn her around but she refuses to.

"No it's there, I can feel it" she cries once again hiding her face in his chest, not wanting either of them to move away

Advin curses as he sees her so stressed out and gets worried so he tries to calm her before she is inconsolable.

"Ok, ok, let's get you out of here first" he whispers to her but she just nods and stand hiding in his arms so without further thinking he picks her up in his arms.

"Lex" Advin calls out not caring if anyone heard him besides Lex as he is of no use to see if someone is actually hiding around and watching him or her

As soon as he shouts he hears footstep coming his way and smiles to finds it is Lex.

"What...Jasmine?" Lex exclaims before raising a brow at Advin seeing her attached to him

"I will explain later, we need to get out of here soon" Advin informs to him

"Okay, well...but thank god she is safe" he sighs in relief patting Advin's arm before walking ahead of them

*******

Lex opens the door of the car as soon as they reach it; Advin gets in with Jasmine on his lap still a bit shaken up. Lex looks at his friend in worry but Advin just shakes his head.

With the looks of thing, whatever Jasmine had seen has pretty much shaken her up bad and Advin swears the culprit will pay for this!

However, right now it is important he take her to somewhere safe and calm her nerves.

They drive back to the hotel where they were staying all the while Advin tries soothe Jasmine's fears.

As soon as they reach their room, he goes to put Jasmine on the bed but she clings to him. "Baby, I'm not going anywhere. I am right here okay, let go of the shirt so I can see you. Come on!" he speaks slowly to her.

He puts her down and sits beside her and once again she clings to his arm, hugging her to him, he lightly rubs her back not knowing what else he can do to assure her that she is safe.

"What is it? Tell me please!" he asks worried seeing her shiver more and more

"They are back!" is all she whispers in answer not wanting talk or think about it anymore

*******

Advin covers Jasmine as she falls asleep after making him all kinds of promises to, not leave her. He kisses her forehead before leaving her in the room and meeting Lex.

"Hey buddy, how you holding up" Lex asks as he hands him a drink, which he is thankful.

"I'm fine just worried for her condition" Advin sighs after gulping the drink and sets the glass down facing his friend.