Chapter 13

Advin sits on his bed as he replays the events that occurred tonight. He watches his hand as this is the hand that touched her but not to caress her.

All these years, her being so close yet so far from him all the pent up anger, regrets, emotions came back and he lost it with her.

He hurt her in the worst way any mate could, he was the one to harm her when he should be protecting her! He stares at his hand for a long time before he gets up and bangs his hand on the wall.

Hard!

This hand harmed her, the one that put prints on her lovely skin and the one that put tears in those warm eyes.

He bangs it until he hears a satisfying twist before he takes the table lamp and hits it on his same hand. The pain that he feels is nothing with the one he gave her.

In his madness, he loses his senses and before thinking twice he pulls out his dagger from his back leaving cut marks on his arm, he goes to cut his arm off when his mother's scream stops him

"Advin" Scar shouts in horror at the sight of his damaged hand.

"Oh god!" she whispers getting closer to his side and taking the dagger out of his hand before yelling for some help.

"Ma, please leave. I don't..." Advin gulps down the bile that arise in his throat

But Scar just shakes her head not wanting to leave him alone and definitely in this state so she rush to his bathroom bringing a wet towel.

She tries to wipe the blood that has been flowing from his arms as well hands but Advin turns his back at her.

"I said leave mother" he grumbles at her in annoyance

"Advin you need to stop this madness at once and let me treat that wound of yours before it's infected. Now be a good boy and show me your hand" Scar tries to sound stern but chokes as she is scared not knowing what is going through his head and is worried.

Advin curses as he hears his mother choke and tugging on the back of his shirt, all he wants is to be alone and if she does not leave, he will loose his fuse. Therefore, without a second glance he walks out of his room.

Before his brain starts to works and he realizes where he is heading towards, he ends up in front of the door to Jasmine's room. He knows, if there is someone who can make him feel less miserable, it is just her.

Therefore, without further ado, he bangs on her door but no one opens it. Shouting at her to open up he keeps on banging the door.

"Jasmine, open the door I know you are in there!" he pleads still no response is found from the other side making him more frustrated.

"Jasmine baby, please open up the door. I need to see you! Please just once let me in I need to see you" he breaks down to pleading and still no answer.

His rage gets the better of him when she does not, he crashes through the door with one strong kick only to his surprise the room was empty.

Hearing the commotion, Adrian rushes to the noise to see the broken door of Jasmine's room and a seething Advin inside.

"She left!" he informs his ass of a son, as he knows why his son was there.

Advin looks at his father stunned, not wanting to believe the meaning of it all.

"What?" he asks not believing.

"You wanted her out and she did. I don't think she will be coming back anytime soon" Adrian adds stoned face not wanting to show how much anger he is feeling towards his own son for the incident that occurred tonight.

"Why did you let her go? She can't leave me!" he raises his voice walking to stand face to face with his father

"Well, she just did" Adrian simply states not one bit threatened by his son's rage

He stands there quietly as he watches his son looking around like a caged beast ready to go off on anyone before he pushes past his father and everyone who was watching them.

"Rain" Scar small voice makes his turn towards her, sighing

"He needs to realize what he did tonight, and no one will be taking blame for his actions, give him some space before he comes back to his senses. He isn't seeing anything clear at the time being" Adrian states pulling a crying Scar in his arms and leaving Jasmine's room waiting for his son to come seeking them after he cools off.

*******

Advin gets out of the house feeling suffocated without her presence before he shifts to his wolf form and runs to the forest. He howls the pain he gave to his mate to the sky as he lost his soul tonight.

Jasmine jerks awake from her sleep and looks at the dark night from the window of the bus as she hears someone howl and clutches her heart feeling the pain shoot to her, she feels sympathy for the wolf.

Advin lies on the ground as he looks at the dark sky. Why is not he ever able to tell her she was his mate?

Why did his stupid brain have to be so stubborn to let her go? If only he was strong enough to admit and shout that she is his mate that day, he would not feel so miserable.

That day when Kevin asked if she was his mate, something inside him told him to accept her but he got scared at that moment, everyone was looking at him even she was looking at him with hope.

However, he could not, for the life of him he could not do that he got scared about the fact that people would mock and tease him they would disrespect him.

He got scared that his father would not take him serious or the people if they knew she was his mate and then he would never be as great an Alpha as his father would.

He did not want to be bad in everyone's eyes and it was better for her to hate him than everyone else. It was better to reject her than facing the rejection instead by everyone else and just for that selfish reason alone, he never could be with her!

If only he had enough guts to admit it, if only!

However, at that moment, his title held more importance in his life than his own mate and even now, it had more importance than she did, until she left.

Because he was so sure that even if everyone left and disappeared from his life she would be someone who will always be there for him, always around for him.

How wrong was he, he always had the delusion that she needed him to survive and be in this pack, oh how wrong he was, because it was her all this time.

She did not need him but he needed her to stay right here in his pack. Now he literally threw her out of here.

She never once asked him anything, always did what he wanted her to do even when he didn't ask her to she always stayed out of his way, like she knew what he wanted her to do.

She was always there to make him feel comfortable, never once did she question him about them being mates. He knew even without her being able to shift she knew what they were.

He knew he had crossed the line the moment he chose Amery to be his mate and give her Jasmine's place but not once did she throw any tantrums rather she completely gave him space even if he never asked but somehow she knew he needed it!

She never once crossed her line with him, he took her to his bed but she just left silently not even once touching him in any inappropriate way but what did he give back to her?

He can never forgive himself for the pain he gave her all these years. He never knew how much it would hurt until she left his side, because in the back of his mind he always knew she would be there close to him but now she is gone somewhere he doesn't know.

Now he can feel how she must have felt all these years without him, how much pain and heartbreak she had to go through every time he turned his back to her.

His pain and heartache is nothing compared to the one she had been suffering from, from the moment they met.

How can he treat her like that, where had he gone wrong in his judgment? How can he call himself a man, when he could not keep the one thing precious to him happy and safe?