1: Familiarities of a Beginning (Deadly Life)

A melodic chime filled the school.

"Oh my, a body has been discovered! Please gather in the hallway by the library. Doesn't matter if you're asleep or not; just get there now!" Monokuma announced on a nearby monitor before it turned off. So Bob's... dead? Shuttle fearfully thought as everybody rushed to the scene.

"Almost forgot these. My mistake, everybody! Take them!" Monokuma beamed as he appeared in the most strange way possible. He handed out what almost looked like an iPad, but it wasn't.

"A... Monokuma file? What are we doing, researching you?" Sahara asked, and she did not seem happy about it.

"Oh, silly Sahara! No, you're not, this is the information about Bob! The Monokuma file holds known statistics on how he died. I probably should have explained that, too... and a lot more... Oh well!" Monokuma shrugged. "To view it, just drag this circle down, and there you have it! The information!" Everyone hesitated but then swiped down, and it first showed Bob's basic and death info.

Bob, the Ultimate Con Artist, was about 5' 7" tall and about 126 lbs. Bob's blood type was B+. His cause of death was suffocation, and the estimated time of death was around 9:20 PM. An image of Bob was shown in the bottom right corner as a model to showcase the description more simply, showing a transparent pink oval over his neck along with a short yet accurate report on the injury.

"All right! Is everyone done reading the Monokuma File?" Monokuma asked, not even waiting for an answer. "Then let the investigation start! Puhuhuhu!" He laughed, then left in the most strange way possible. What sounded like a quiet buzzer noise played, signaling that the investigation had started.

"Hey, Shuttle. Gehenna and I want to investigate together with you. More like Gehenna forced me to work with her, then made me invite you." Cele stated as she walked up to Shuttle. Gehenna was behind Cele with a huge grin, but Cele was the complete opposite.

"Ah, sure. Why not?" Shuttle answered.

"I think we should investigate the body and ask everyone for an alibi. After that, we should look around in any nearby rooms to find any evidence of the murder." Cele explained. She really deserves her Ultimate; she knows where and what to look at. Shuttle thought.

"Jeez, Cele, it's a good thing we're friends! You're brilliant about this stuff." Gehenna exclaimed. Cele shrugged it off and walked towards the body. She crouched down, inspecting it from every angle possible.

"Well, it seems the strap causes the only injury. Maybe I should look in the satchel for anything." Cele mumbled, which could be barely heard. However, Gehenna and Shuttle could still hear her.

"Maybe? You need to! You never know what might be in there!" Gehenna exclaimed. Cele eyed Gehenna like she was a dead housefly and searched in the satchel. She grabbed out several Polaroid photos that contained scribbles and Bob's Monopad.

"These might help. Do any of y'all have a good memory?" Cele asked.

"I do! I've got a good memory on a lot of stuff." Shuttle exclaimed, and Cele nodded, signing that Shuttle should remember it.

"Good. Now, we need to ask everyone for an alibi. Follow me." Cele gestured, and Gehenna and Shuttle followed. "Who do you think we should ask first? The possibilities are endless."

"I think we should ask everyone Bob knows. I mean... doesn't it make sense?" Gehenna suggested. Cele turned around slowly with a scowl on her face.

"That's terrible reasoning, but I suppose it's a start. Let's go." Cele stated. The three turned around to see Ron still staring with despair in his eyes at Bob.