4: Discord Over the Dead (Deadly Life)

Four notes in a melody played.

"A body has been discovered! Please gather at the door to Elio's Ultimate Lab!" Monokuma announced before the nearest monitor turned off. As quickly as a raging river, people flooded around the corpse. Shuttle kept staring at Ali's dead body.

"What?! Why inside my lab? Why not anyone else?!" Elio panicked. He held his hands to his hair in anger and started circling.

"Hello, students!" Monokuma beamed. "As promised, here is your fourth Monokuma File!" He handed out several tablets showing information on Ali's death.

Ali, the Ultimate Butler, was approximately 5' 11" and 132 lbs. Ali's blood type was AB+. His cause of death was severe exsanguination, AKA excessive bleeding, which resulted in death. His right arm and left leg have been sliced off by an extremely sharp weapon. He has also been decapitated. Several stab wounds are visible on Ali's thighs and forearms. No other external or internal injuries have been found. An image of Ali was shown in the bottom right corner as a model to showcase the description more simply, with pink rectangles covering Ali's lower right arm, lower left leg, and head.

"Has everyone finished reading the Monokuma File? If not, sucks to be you, because Investigation Time has begun!" Monokuma exclaimed as he disappeared, signaling that Investigation Time started.

"Hey, Shuttle." Cele started as she walked up to him. "Doesn't the Monokuma File seem a bit... Off?" Shuttle reread the Monokuma File several times, finding nothing on almost all attempts. Suddenly, on his fifteenth read, he noticed something.

"You're right... Where's the time of death?" Shuttle wondered. "Nevermind that, is it just me, or is it awfully frigid in here?"

Cele snapped her fingers and widened her eyes. "That's it. There is no time of death because the temperature has been tampered with!" She confidently proclaimed. Shuttle nodded in agreement as he continued shivering.

"Tampered Temperature" and "Monokuma File #4" have been added to the Truth Bullets of Shuttle's Monopad.

"Don't you have a jacket on you or something?" Cele asked, now noticing Shuttle was shaking like a lunatic. Shuttle shook his head. "Well, let's hurry up on the body investigation and the surroundings. We'll be out of here pretty quickly, don't fret."

"I-If you say so..." Shuttle shuddered. They walked up to Ali's cadaver and went into deep reveries of observation. There are stab wounds, and there is a lot of blood... I can't handle even looking at it, but I have to. Shuttle thought. He noticed something on Ali's left hand. His index finger was unusually bloody, and there seemed to be a dying message written on the ground. "Cele, l-look." He stuttered, pointing at the message.

Two or three lines were drawn on the floor. It almost looked like a less than or equal sign, but the line underneath was placed incorrectly.

"Well, that's just interesting. What did he mean to say with this?" Cele squinted her eyes. "It... It almost looks like a stickman missing his head." No, that can't be what he was saying... Shuttle thought.

"Ali's Final Message" has been added to the Truth Bullets section of Shuttle's Monopad.

"Shuttle, look at the way everything is set up. It's almost like Ali's death was an accident." Cele pointed out. "From the knocked down throne-like chair to the conveniently placed swords. Did the culprit try making it look like an accident? Because this is just lousy."

"Y-Yeah. There's no way someone can just trip on the leg of a chair and somehow cut half of two limbs and a head off." Shuttle approved.

"Set-Up Scenario" has been added to the Truth Bullets section of Shuttle's Monopad.