6: Whispers of Veiled Allegiance (Deadly Life)

(A/N: i am so sorry that this is so long)

Shuttle woke up in a haze. His mind swirled and twisted and warped all so painfully. The... Truth. We're going to find out everything today... He tried to think. But I've gotta get with everyone. I can't just lay here in excruciating pain. He slowly got up and went to the door after a while and slowly headed to the dining hall.

"Jeez, finally." Elio rolled his eyes and leaned in his chair. "Took you long enough to get here."

"Maybe because he doesn't look that well?" Sahara glared at Elio. "Like, come on. The eye bags? His posture? Don't get me started on him."

"But he's here just in time to hear your final motive!" Monokuma giggled as he randomly appeared.

"Thank god, because I don't wanna hear your annoying voice ever again." Lucian leaned his arm against the table. "You've done nothing but make everyone suffer."

"Oh, brother, tell that to our past culprits!" Monokuma exclaimed. "I'm not at fault for killing them, anyways!"

"Whatever! Just tell us our motive so we can be done here!" Gehenna groaned.

"You got it, Gehenna! One motive coming right up!" Monokuma imitated a drumroll with his paws. "I'm granting you all an Investigation Time to go and look for clues that will lead you to the Mastermind's true identity. I mean, you've been so desperately looking for them, right?"

Everyone paused what they were doing. "You're serious?" Shuttle asked.

"Of course! I've even planted some true clues and some already planted ones." Monokuma nodded. "Now, get to hunting, everyone. I know you're eager to find out who put you here."

And with that, Investigation Time started.

"H-Hold on, we gotta eat food before our long, investigating journey!" Gehenna panicked before shoving a whole plate in her mouth.

"Good point. I'll let you all feast before the grand reveal!" Monokuma smiled before disappearing.

Everyone quickly ate and rushed out the door. "Is it fine if I follow along? I don't really know where to start looking." Lucian asked, chuckling nervously.

"Of course! Mainly because I don't know where to start either." Shuttle smiled. As if by command, an idea popped into his head. Bob's Lab. "Actually, I just figured out where to go. Bob's Lab."

"Good idea." Lucian nodded, following Shuttle on the way to the Lab. As they walked in, the room was even cleaner than before. The papers on the floor were cleaned up, the board was neatly assorted into tiny sections, and most importantly, something new was just taped to the board. "What the fuck is that?" Lucian asked, reaching to pick up the taped item. Before he could even touch it, a loud thud played outside. "Jeez- Shuttle, you stay here, and I'll go check whatever that was." He left the lab, and Shuttle stood there in silence. I guess I'll see what this is for myself... He thought as he picked up the taped item, realizing it was a tablet-like object. The moment he picked it up, the screen lit and turned on almost immediately.

"Hi." A familiar person greeted. "If you're hearing this, it may be the last time we ever try reaching you all. The Mastermind you are all crazy about is #######. ####### knows every single secret you all keep from each other. So, trust my words that I'm about to spew." The person paused. "Haha, you probably recognize me. I'm known to everyone as Bob Itsuwaru in your sick game, but that isn't who I am. You've seen me before you ended up in the killing game. Maybe my Ultimate Talent might give you a hint. Now, listen, gh-" The room the person was in flashed a right red with loud buzzers. "Aha, I guess they don't want me to say that. Hm. My time to speak to whoever's watching this is up." The tablet turned off and started beeping with a timer going down from 16 seconds.