4: Discord Over the Dead

During Shuttle's rest, visions more horrifying than anything played in his head like a broken record. They were unexplainable. Gore was everywhere, blood splattered on the walls... It was a sight so unbearable.

  It was all caused by one person.

  But before Shuttle could even make out who, he jolted up out of his sleep to hear aggressive knocking and the morning announcement playing.

  "This is an official announcement from Ultimate Hope High! It is now 8 A.M., which is morning time! Take care of yourselves today, 'cause I have a special present for you! Well, it's more like multiple presents." Monokuma announced before the monitor in Shuttle's room turned off. The knocking persisted and Shuttle eventually got up to answer it.

  "What do you want? I just woke up." Shuttle groaned, opening the door to see Elio.

  "Come on." He immediately grabbed Shuttle's wrist and started dragging him to the dining hall. "The present Monokuma got us is even better than a vacation from here."

  "What is it?" Shuttle yawned, not keeping up with Elio's speed.

  "You'll see when we get there!" Elio exclaimed as they arrived at the dining hall.

  "What took so long?! We sent you over a minute ago!" Gehenna yelled.

  "Well it ain't easy being an alarm clock!" Elio yelled back.

  "Calm down, students!" Monokuma randomly appeared. "I have the physical version of your first, dearest present! It's also your new motive!" He handed one singular book out with the title "The Arcanum of the Revenant."

  "Oh, come on. The book cover looks boring. There should have been a secret little image on the front." Kora groaned disappointedly.

  "Well, that doesn't matter. Since our friend Shuttle is a bit late, I shall go over what this book is for again!" Monokuma cheered. "It's quite simple. You can revive anyone using the book's instructions."

  "Is that even possible?" Shuttle asked, squinting his eyes at Monokuma.

  "Course it is. I killed this plant and used a copy to revive it. Everyone saw it but you." Monokuma blankly said with a smile. "Anyways, here's your second batch of presents!"

  A patch of fabric, a weirdly shaped key, a plastic heart, and a magnifying glass.

  "Originally, there was supposed to be a bat and black paint, but that's not important. Enjoy!" Monokuma beamed as he disappeared.

  "As a class, we need to decide who we should revive. I mean, seven people are dead. We have so many choices to choose between from." Kora announced, clasping her hands together on the table. "I vote Neru! He seemed to never completely finish the machine. Plus, who knows what might come after he finishes it?"

  "Well, I vote that we resurrect Renory. He was very helpful, and I know one of us, not pointing fingers, misses him quite a tremendous amount." Ali contributed.

  "I... I agree." Ron nodded.

  "But I think we should resurrect Bob. He died way too early and didn't deserve such a death!" Sahara complained. The four looked at each other and began arguing over whom to resurrect.

  "Come on. Let's get out of here before they start throwing things." Cele looked at Shuttle and ran out the door as a plate crashed into it. Shuttle followed along quickly, dodging a flying book.

  "Oh god..." Shuttle panted. "So... what now?"

  "Did you forget? We're going to analyze Bob's board." Cele reminded him.