2: A Machine of Freedom or Perishment

Shuttle woke up with a feeling of uncertainty. It was too quiet, and he didn't want to leave his room or even his bed. He was still processing what had happened the day before, and Ron suddenly became someone he wasn't back. His thoughts were busted when a doorbell rang, coming from his dorm door. Before he knew it, he stood up and opened the door to reveal Cele.

"Morning. Are you still falling for Monokuma's trick?" She asked. Shuttle tilted his head in confusion. "What I mean by that is letting despair control you."

"Oh. That makes more sense." He answered. "Well, in that case, no, I'm not." Cele smiled and twitched her head to the right.

"Come on. The rest are in the dining hall. I'll meet you there." She beamed as she walked off to go to the dining hall. Just as Cele left, Monokuma entered in the most ridiculous way possible.

"Monokuma?! What are you doing here?!" Shuttle exclaimed.

"Chill; I'm just here to tell you that you should go to the dining hall," Monokuma stated. "I feel ashamed of having my students freak out whenever I arrive... How rude." He mumbled as he disappeared the same ridiculous way he entered. Shuttle stared at the space Monokuma used to be in before walking out of his room to the dining hall.

"Finally, you're here! What took you so long?" Gehenna asked. Shuttle shrugged as Monokuma appeared again.

"Good morning, students! I shall give you a prize for surviving the last class trial!" He exclaimed as he threw several items. Two items looked like a key, while three were everyday items, such as a spoon, a birdie, and a packet of seeds.

"What do you expect us to do with these items that aren't keys?" Kora sarcastically asked.

"Why, you find that out for yourselves!" Monokuma laughed as he dissipated in a way that made him disappear. A few people looked around the room before deciding who should find out where goes where.

"I vote Cele to take all the items! She is the Ultimate Detective, after all." Sahara declared. A few of the students agreed; even Cele herself hesitantly agreed.

"She could find out where they all go." Neru agreed.

"Well, then we're giving them all to Cele. Here you go!" Kora exclaimed before picking up the items and handing them to Cele. She took the items and nervously walked out, then quickly returned for breakfast. As soon as everyone finished, they all went their separate ways.

"Considering the fact that you're the Ultimate Badminton Champion and that there's a birdie, it's probably a key of some sort to something related to you." Cele declared. Shuttle nodded in agreement. The two walked around the school, finding a place for all the items given, when they stumbled across an opening in the shed by the court. It fit the birdie perfectly, and when Cele inserted it, it opened a hole in the ground.

"Woah. I don't know what I expected from a school like this, but I should have raised the bar higher." Cele awed.

"For real." Shuttle agreed. The two headed down the hole, which moved some stairs in it for assistance. As the two descended the gap, a mimicry of a track field could be seen. A childish joy overcame Shuttle just by the very sight of the field, and began rummaging through a door for a sports rack. He came back looking excited as Cele rolled her eyes. The two soon left the track field to look for other places for the remaining items.

"Wait up! Oh my gosh, you're fast– wait up for me!" Someone exclaimed. Shuttle and Cele turned around to see Gehenna out of breath. "How are you guys that fast even though you're walking?"

"I don't know," Shuttle shrugged. "I guess we're just naturally fast walkers." Gehenna looked with disgust as she shook her head.

"Doesn't matter. I know where those item things go!" She beamed, dragging Cele by her wrist, making Cele yell out in surprise and Shuttle chasing after the two. Gehenna lead them to the wall next to the dining hall.