10) A Tuneful Praise

???: Hawks!

Hawks: *the feathers pierced into the clothing of a gang shiver with the rest of him, his head turning to the voice below him*

Sidekick: We got an alert! Villain 4 blocks up!

Hawks: On it! You take care of these guys for me, yeah? *with only a few flaps in the air, he was out of their sight, heading towards the danger. It only took a couple seconds before his vision was clouded with smoke. His nose wrinkled, scoffing* "Let's hope this is a quirk and not collateral damage waiting to happen..."

Citizens scream out, rushing out of the fog as quickly as possible with frightful eyes.

Citizen 1: So much smoke! Where'd it come from..?!

Citizen 2: *coughing* I can't see anything!

Hawks: *listens attentively, his feathers tingling with the wind. Not there... Nothing here.... No.... He lifts his head up with a smirk* ".. There." *shoots his feathers to the right, watching them pierce a hole in the smoke. Another second or two and...*

A smoke-covered figure soared through the sky, bags of stolen goods blowing in his grasps.

Criminal: Argh damn it! Not you! *lightly yelps at the feeling of something swift past his arm, smudging it up to his chest. His hand felt empty.. He looks to it* What?! Where'd it go?!

Hawks: I'll take that..! *his feather returns with the bag, smile weightless*

Criminal: *simply huffs in disappointment, knowing full well his weaknesses now*

Police soon arrived on the scene, some still sneezing and coughing from the smoke. The bag was taken for investigation, along with a statement or two from Hawks and surrounding citizens. The criminal responsible was soon shoved into the back of a vehicle, being sent straight to jail*

Police Officer: We'll get back to you on the status of the bag and its contents. We're looking around to make sure this stuff isn't from a local store. If it belongs to someone else, we'll make sure it's returned to their rightful owner

Hawks: Sounds good. Thanks, Officer *stretches a bit, his wings twitching from the strain* I'll be on my way then. Keep up the good work..! *extends wings*

Police Officer: You as well, Number Two *smiles*

Fans crowded at the scene, with officers struggling to calm them down. At this point, everyone knew that was impossible.

Fans: Hawks! Hawks! Over here! You were amazing! So cool!

Hawks: *turns to them with a quick wink and smile, pointing at them* Thanks, little birdies! See ya around! *he takes off in one sweep, leaving behind a circle of dust*

Fans: *screams with joy, waving up at him as he disappears* Love you, Hawks!

Hawks: *keeps his smile as he flies away, not so much for the people anymore. The wind blowing against his skin, the sounds of a busy city below; Being up in the air was more calming when it's on his own accord. It was free...*