[6]

"Excuse you? I'm her boyfriend. Do you often listen to other people's conversation?" Seb asked gazing at Charles angrily. "If you're her boyfriend, then you definitely shouldn't talk to her like that." said Charles, who was also mad. "Nobody asked you man, this is between me and her. Get back to your table." Seb looked back at me and wanted to continue. "Actually no, leave her alone, she is clearly uncomfortable." Charles stepped in Sebastian's view of me, making eye contact with him, to show him, that he is serious about it. "You have a bodyguard now?" Seb laughed in disbelief.

"Charles stay out of this please, I'm fine, I promise." I tried to assure Charles, but he clearly didn't believe me. "You think, I'm blind and didn't notice the bruises and blue marks on your arms and neck? Let me help you Carly." Charles made an eye contact with me, his eyes telling me, that I can trust him.

"You're getting on my nerve." interrupted us Seb. "I can call the police right now and with all the scars she has, it's pretty clear, who will they believe." Charles glanced at Seb making him actually stepped aside. "Carly, you love me and I love you, it's always been us remember?" he looked at me, making my heart drop. I knew I've loved him still, but I also knew, how toxic he is. I stood silent for a while and saw his desperate look on me. "I mean it man, you can leave now and let her live a happy life without you or you can face the police and the consequences of your violent actions." Charles broke the silence, raising his eyebrows while still look at Seb. "You can't live without me Carly! You need me." Seb yelled at me. I took a step back, but I became a bit braver at this moment. "We're over Seb, please leave." I said. The shocked look on his face was unforgettable. I heard, how Malia laughed at him, but covered her mouth to stay serious. "You and your boyfriend will see me again Carly, I won't let you go like this." said Seb making his way back to the door of our cafeteria. "Don't forget about the police mate, they'll be honoured to meet you." shouted Charles after him as Seb slammed the door.

The cafeteria stood in silence, while everyone was still processing, what just happened. I bet a lot of people were blessed with this drama, sipping their coffee and enjoying it. However I was about to broke down. I didn't know, how to feel or what to say.

"Okay, the theatre is over, yall can continue your conversation, cause here is nothing more to see." said Charles out loud making people actually mind their business. "Are you alright?" he looked at me. "I don't know, how to feel." I said, while my eyes got a bit watery. "Go home sweetie, I'll take care of it today, I'm so proud of you for telling Seb, what you told him! You were amazing and brave." Malia said and hugged me. "Are you sure, you can handle it?" I glanced at her questioningly. "More than sure." Mal smiled and wiped the tears out of my cheeks. "I'll take you home, I have a car here." Charles added gently catching my hand to lead me. I stood there for a while to decide, if I'll go with him or alone, eventually we gave each other a soft smile and we left the building.

"Can we make a quick stop at a grocery store?" Charles asked, when we got in his car. "Ye sure." I nodded and he started to drive.

I waited for him in the car, because I didn't feel like going somewhere. I just want to go to bed.

He returned in like 10 minutes, turning to me with a big smile. "What?" I glanced at him raising my eyebrows. Without words he handed me a box of chocolates. "Why?" I asked rolling my eyes, yet smiling. "Wanted to see the beautiful smile at least once today." he winked and started the car again.

By the time we got to my apartment, it was kind of late. We both got out and it was a bit awkward. "So thank you for driving me home and also for the chocolate." I mumbled with a slight smile. "Don't thank me for that." He softly laughed with his eyes on me. "Also thank you for the cafeteria, you might have saved me, which you didn't have to, but you did, so thank you." I said still standing in front of him. "He was hurting you, you should have left him earlier Carly, I care about you, you know that, so this was the smallest thing I could do." he said gently rubbing my shoulder. I blushed a bit, gave him a smile and went to my door....

Opening the door of her apartment the short brunette sighed and turned back to look at her ferrari saviour. "Charles wait!" came suddenly out of her mouth. The boy turned away from his car with confusion. "It's pretty late and I'm about to cook dinner, if you don't have any plans and you want to, you can join me. I owe you at least this." she said shyly. The brunette boy didn't even hesitate. He locked his car and headed to her apartment.