SIX

1x06

1x06

ROSE HAD BEEN ON NIGHT SHIFT and she was extremely bored it was a slow night. So when a woman came in with a tumor the size of a boulder. To say she wasn't a little bit interested would be a lie. She looked to her side to see Alex perking up as they rolled the woman by.

"You thinking what I'm thinking," Rose said smirking at him.

"Hell yeah."

They started off in a sprint to the woman's room. When they entered her room Rose got a good look at the woman she had blonde hair and looked young maybe in her late 30s.

Rose held the woman's chart whose name she now knew was Annie Connors.

"Hello Miss Connors I'm Dr. Hernandez and this is Dr. Karev," Rose said gesturing to Alex.

"There's no need to be so formal call me Annie," she said

"Well Annie we'll be taking care of you," Alex said charmingly.

"It says here you came in due to ongoing shortness of breath," Rose asked.

"Yeah I have been having trouble breathing for the last three months but I thought it would go away with time, ends up it didn't, " Annie said chuckling.

"And the tumor do you know why it appeared"

"No one day it just popped up and has been growing ever since," Annie said

"Okay thank you," Rose said writing on the chart in her hand.

"We will be back in the morning to see if you but if you need anything you can page me," Alex said smiling at Annie which made the woman blush.

"What Dr. Karev meant to say was you can page both of us if you need anything," Rose said smiling tightly.

The two walk out of the room and Rose elbows Alex, "What the hell," he exclaims.

"Don't do anything dumb," Rose warned.

"I never do anything dumb" Alex said defensively.

"Keep telling yourself that sweetheart," Rose said smiling brightly.

She was now going into her favorite on-call that she was hoping no one had sex in because people in this hospital really can't keep it in their pants.

Like at all.

__________

When Rose woke up it was 5 am She hopped off the bunk and stretched a little before going to check on Annie. It was almost time for the other interns to start arriving at the hospital.

Rose steals Vogue and Cosmopolitan magazines from the waiting room before going up to Annie's room. When Rose walked into the room she saw a woman standing next to Annie.