THREE

1x03

1x03

ROSE HEARD SOMEONE barge into her room. It was Izzie "How come your room is bigger than mine and George's," she says. Rose groaned at then got out of bed "Because I was the first to move in. Now get out I need sleep." Rose says tiredly while pushing Izzie out, slamming the door in her face, and plopping back down in her bed.

__________

An annoyed Bailey was walking down the hallway with her interns following her. She was having a bad day because today was the "Dead Baby Bike Race" which is held by a bar called The Dead Baby Bar. The winner gets free shots of tequila and Seattle Grace got mass casualties of pedestrians and bikers. "Fools on bikes killing themselves. Natural selection is what it is."

"So what's up with the Nazi, is she off her meds?" Alex asked no one in particular as he walked next to Rose. Looking over at her fellow intern "Have you never heard of the very idiotic race" Rose said. Bailey and her interns were passing by the O.R. board when Bailey saw Chief Webber

"Chief! Dead baby bike race started twenty minutes ago."

"All right, people! Dead baby bike race day!" Richard called out and clapped his hands to get people moving as Bailey continued walking. Another intern started wiping off some of the O.R. board schedule. Bailey's intern got onto an elevator to go to the pit. While putting on some yellow gown George and Meredith started to explain the race.

"Every year this bar -"

"The Dead Baby Bar," Meredith says, interrupting George.

"Every year, they hold this underground bike race."

"Don't you wonder why someone would name a bar something so disgusting?"

"Keep your panties on, Nancy Drew."

"The race is completely illegal, and -"

"Crazy, a bunch of bike messengers racing against traffic trying to beat each other for free shots of tequila," Meredith says cutting George off again.

"All-out, no holds barred competition, sounds like fun," Alex says smiling.

"Yeah, you would think that."

"The race doesn't even have any rules. Except eye-gouging - no eye gouging." George said making Rose and Izzie laugh.

"Oh great, we're going to be trapped in the Pit bandaging up idiots when we could be up in the OR?" Cristina said complaining. George moved to helped Izzie who was having trouble tying up the back of her gown.

"What kind of people engage in a race that has, as its only rule, that you can't rip out the eyeballs of another human being?" George wondered. Rose saw Alex struggling to tie his gown so she went over to help him.

"Thanks"

"Wow. I didn't know you could be thankful" Rose said smiling at him.

Alex regretting thanking her told her to shut up.