[3.2] Quarantine

「??? POV」

XAlphys looked up at the blood red sky that stretched across the underground as she evaluated her foreign surroundings that, with time, would soon become very familiar.

"Pacifist Timeline Number 13. Alternate Universe, UnderFell." XAlphys reported. "The X-Event only took a few code fragments from this location known as Snowdin."

She analysed the current state of the monsters who roamed free. "Unlike UnderSwap, its inhabitants have not been corrupted by the X-Event."

The king glared down at the head of the royal guard in charge of Snowdin as he awaited an explanation, his red eyes filled with rage and resentment.

"I DON'T EXACTLY KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, BUT-" Fell Papyrus recounted the events from his memory of what his brother had said, when he noticed the strange monster standing at the edge of the town. "WHAT IS THAT MONSTER DOING THERE?"

The reptilian monster was female, with round cloudy glasses, bearing a striking resemblance to the royal scientist but with ghostly white scales, and she just stood there. Still.

"H-Hey!" Fell Alphys pushed up her swirly glasses with a scowl. "It's another one of those pale intruders!"

"She... looks a lot like you, Alphys." Fell Undyne said from her side, her rouge lips curled down in a snarl.

XAlphys lifted her head from her lab notes marked VIII, alert, at the rumble of a deep growl to see the king of the fallen universe, dignified and indignant to the perfect world she was entrusted to recreate. Ignorance.

"Hey, you! Intruder!" Fell Asgore addressed her. "Have you come to cause more trouble in my kingdom?!"

He slowly shifted as his noble gaze fell upon the suspicious outsider in the distance. No reaction.

"You'll suffer the consequences if you don't confess!" He threatened. "You've got until the count of three to explain what you have done to this part of my kingdom."

It was then that he began to count from the first number.

"One..."

His iron grip on the glowing red shaft of the trident tightened at the lack of reaction from his foe, as if they were making a mockery of his kingdom.

"THREE!"

He charged, only for his attack to be blocked with a loud metallic clang. In front of him stood another pale intruder, this one almost as tall as he, like the failed entertainment robot. The resemblance was uncanny.

"Your majesty!!!"

"Kill those weirdos!"

"Torture those imposters!"

The angry voices of surrounding monsters shouted out various wishes for their respective ruler to grant. However, not all wishes come true.

♓︎ ♒︎♋︎⧫︎♏︎ ⧫︎♒︎♋︎⧫︎ ⬧︎◆︎♍︎♒︎ ❒︎◆︎♎︎♏︎ 🞐︎♏︎□︎🞐︎●︎♏︎

"I hate that such rude people..." XGaster started as he overlooked the events from his place in a black void.

"... interrupt me at work." XAlphys finished for him.

The robot narrowed his one eye, the other being hidden under the dark locks of his synthetic fringe, and with little effort he held the trident by the largest of its three prongs.

"Get rid of them, Mettaton." XAlphys ordered the royal guard. "This place will be formatted from scratch after the quarantine anyways."

Another version of you peered out from behind the bark of a tree as purple eyes glowed dimly in the dark. "Match remains... unfinished."