[3.6] Broken Deal

Warning: mild swearing
_______________________________________

「Cross Sans POV」

"I despise this AU..." Nightmare muttered as he felt his negativity levels drop the second he warped himself into the alternate universe. "Make your business here quick."

Cross only scoffed and took a few steps forward, already feeling the faint beats of distant nightclub music shake his soul as there were bars and pubs around every corner.

Nightmare's voice resounded behind him, sending a chill down his spine. "Don't forget why you're here."

「Lust Y/n POV」

It had been a few days since the last reset of your own lustful universe, and once again, the monsters were happily settling down on the surface.

Or rather, settling up on the surface.

Your vision blurred slightly as you tiredly blinked your alluring purple eyes, making the cup of black coffee in front of you multiply itself for a moment before becoming one again.

"Shit..."

The X-Event taking place in the multiverse and the recent resets in your timeline were starting to take a toll on you, mentally and magically.

"I used too much magic." You pinched the bridge of your nose in frustration and opened your eyes again. "At least my multiverse days are behind me."

You drank the bitter lukewarm coffee in distaste as you processed all the things that have been happening lately. What would Sans think of you?

Just as he entered your mind, you felt a familiar vibration pattern faintly reverberating in your pocket.

Sans
Hey, honey.

Sans
Feeling better? You seemed pretty tired last night, more so than usual.

Y/n
Yeah, just a little.

Sans
Heh, resets are a lotta work.

Sans
I'm tired of them too.

Your fingers tapped along the screen as you typed a reply, when a notification lowered from your menu.

Chara
I'm sooo wasted.

Chara
Can you pick me up?
It just started raining.

Y/n
Can't you take a cab?

Chara
Your stupid credit
card isn't working.

You slipped your hands back into your pockets in search of your wallet and unfolded the flat leather case to see that two of your credit cards were missing along with your cash.

"Well, there goes this month's rent." You groaned and dropped your head on the kitchen table with a thump.

The phone vibrated again, nearly letting itself buzz off the edge of the table only to fall into your hands.

Sans
Lemme guess.

Sans
Chara spent all your
money on booze?

Y/n
Not ALL of it.

Sans
The extra cash in your
mattress doesn't count.

Y/n
Alright, all of it.

Y/n
And don't tell them
about the mattress.

Sans
Don't worry.

Sans
I'll put a sock in it.