2 - The Crown

As he enter the this grand tower, Dolos is in awe at its scale.

Looking up at the cylindrical building, there were thousands of doors, all different looking and leading to different places. There were no stairs leading up either.

As Dolos looks up, he nearly runs straight into the Crown, who was waiting for him.

"Uh..sorry."

The Crown smiles.

"Don't worry about it, come on."

They walk for a bit to the other side of the first floor, where a....receptionist awaited them. It was a woman with a dark cloak on, where Dolos couldn't see much of her face.

"Good to see you Dolos, Im glad we're finally able to meet."

Dolos waves nervously.

"This is Sara, she's been watching over your tower for a long time." The Crown speaks up. His voice was perfectly understandable, no stuttering, no "uh"s.

"For...how long?"

"4027 years." Sara replies. She stands up, revealing the white robes she had on with her dark cloak.

Dolos doesn't show it, but he's completely stunned, by this whole thing, not just Sara. They've known him his whole life, this whole time.

"Here Sara, why don't you rest for awhile, I'll give him the tour." The Crown moves his fingers a bit, and a perfectly clear glass of water appears out of thin air, on Sara's desk.

"Thank you, Father...I'll be seeing you soon Dolos." Sara takes up the glass of water and leaves.

"She calls you 'Father'. Why?" Dolos asks.

"Because I created her."

"You mean she's your daughter."

"Sort of." The Crown smiles again.

"What is this place exactly?"

"All of these doors lead to important pieces of your life, good or bad."

"What kind of pieces?"

"Why don't we find out?" The Crown let's out his hand to Dolos.

Dolos takes it after some consideration. Immediately, they begin to fly up.

After flying for a bit, they stop at a black and white door, it's color was...dulled.

"Does this ring any bells?" The Crown asks.

"Yes.."

"Let's go inside then."

"Wait wait." Dolos falls back a bit, immediately beginning to fall down the tower.

He yells out, afraid.

"Save me!" He yells at the Crown, and the Crown reaches down to pull him back up.

"Why did you fall?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

"Do you not have faith in me?"

"I don't know you."

"You do, you're just too stubborn to admit it." The Crown chuckles.

"Sorry...." Dolos looks at the open door, leading into a nothingness.

"Do not be afraid of your past Dolos. Think about how it brought you here where you are now."

Dolos thinks about it. He nods his head, and both of them walk in.