4 - Carrion

"Why won't you look at me?" Camille asks Dolos. She too, didn't know where she was.

"You're not real."

"And this place is?"

Dolos closes his eyes. Camille waits for some kind of answer, but he then disappears!

Camille looks around her.

"Dolos?"

The ground beneath her opens up, and a great dark red smoke emerges from it, roaring in the sky like a dragon.

Camille falls back on the sand, and it burned her skin as the Demon flew towards her.

She reaches for her guns, but all of her gear was gone. As she looks down, then looks back up, she's face to face with the Demon, the great creature of smoke and death.

"Are you lost?" The Demon speaks like a well suited gentleman.

Camille doesn't know what to say. She closes her eyes, praying that this was a dream.

"You're not real." She says, keeping her gaze away.

"Don't use those words on me...I have always been here." The Demon slithers up close.

Camille cringes at it's smell. It was like the aftermath of war in her face.

She sighs, accepting this creature was in fact, real.

"Where am I?" She asks.

"You don't know?" The Demon chuckles.

Camille blinks, and suddenly, she's in a dark corridor. Looking at the structure, she realized she was in...the Union flagship.

On the floor was blood and Exo fluids.

She follows the trail to find herself, crawling down the corridor to who knows where. Then she realized..

This is where she died.

She watches as Echo-8 runs right through her, as if she were a ghost, and grab the dying Camille in his arms.

The Demon then appears between her and herself.

"I'm dead." She says to it.

"Obviously. You know where you have to go now?"

In realization, Camille begins to feel afraid.

"No..."

"Yes." The Demon laughs as it confines Camille in its smoke, pulling her down to an emptiness of darkness.

She's filled with fear as she's blinded by the eternal flames of the Lake of Fire.

Dolos feels it, sitting at the edge of an endless river in the clouds.

He looks around, unsure of how he got there in the first place. It wasn't long before Sara appeared before him.

"Why are you just sitting here?" She asks him, sitting down.

"I'm not sure. I like the sound of the water though...how did you get here?"

Sara looks around, unsure if she should tell him.

"I was chosen by the Crown, to protect his domain like others....but I was not fit to fight, so I was told to wait for someone to serve, and here you are."

"There's others? Where are they?"

"It's not time yet."

Dolos feels another chill up his spine.

"Somethings wrong. I feel...burning."

"You can't get sick here."

"It's not like that. I feel someone is in trouble."