Interlude: Roses

"We're going to be leaving soon. I suggest both of you rest before we go." The Crown speaks to Camille and Dolos.

"Where are we going?" Dolos asks.

"You'll see. We will feast at a great table."

Dolos smiles back at the Crown as he walked away into the clouds.

So, Dolos and Camille sit down on the soft clouds, next to the Endless River.

They sit in silence for awhile, sometimes glancing over in eachother's direction. Camille still had her helm on, so she could look at him as much as she wanted.

"You saved me." She breaks the tension.

Dolos nods his head, keeping his gaze on the flowing river.

"I never got to say goodbye to you."

"Me neither. I'm sorry I left you alone."

Dolos decides to look at her. As soon as he did, a strong sensation overcomes him. It almost hurt.

"It's okay. We're here now, together."

Camille sheds a single tear, as her burned eyes refuses to shed anymore.

"Thank you." She says, holding out her hand for him to hold.

He takes it. 

"We....took care of Lynch, if you were wondering."

"I know." Camille can't keep her eyes off him. "My whole life, I chased my identity. It was taken from me. My best friend....the person I thought loved me...he killed me....it wasn't even him, he was too cowardly to do it himself....I should've seen it, I should've."

Camille takes a deep breath. It was a lot to vent.

Dolos doesn't say anything...he just sits there.

"Loss for words?" She asks.

Dolos leans into her, embracing her. She completely taken abroad by his hug. But...she had been hoping it would happen. She hugs him back.

Camille then thought of something stupid to say.

"I love you."