the new girl (Lucy & Keira)

(it's all in Lucy's POV)
i was training with the girls just after christmas break when nick told us that 2 girls from the youth team would join us, for training and for games. they would join the senior team at 17 year old, thats a huge acomplishment so i was already impressed before i even knew who they are. Nick- okay so the girls that are joining us are georgia stanway, and keira walsh. i'd like  2 people to help them fit in for the first few weeks.  i already heard of georgia, she is great and has trained with us for a couple times. i've havenn't heard that much of keira , i heard she plays midfield and that she helped england u19's to the youth euro's finale. Nick: okay so nobody is stepping up to help them? very grown up guys. Steph- sorry nick but nobody here wants to be stuck with a 17 year old. Nick- ah great of you for volunteering steph. Steph- what no! Nick- yeah i had you in mind either way so deal with it, atleast i giveyou a chance to choose the one you want. steph- fine, i'll take georgia then. nick- okay great! so uhmm i think keira would pair up quite nicely with..... Ah Lucy! Lucy- ah great.... . i'm not to happy about it but i can deal with it.

it is a few days later and i'm sitting at lunch when nick pulls me and steph aside.

Nick- okay so keira and georgia will come round after training. i want you two to show them the way to the field, the changing room, lunch room and recovery room, and tell them about the schedule after training/games.

Steph- alright is that everything?

Nick- no, i want you to take them out for coffee after them, get to know them and stuff, and  want you to sit withthem on the bus, not next to them just across from them on a 4 seat place and talk about the games to them, give em some confidence and stuff.

Lucy- alright, will do!

nick walks away and suddenly i feel my anexiety kicking in, steph is talking to me butmy head is filled with bad thoughts.

Steph- okay and after that we will take them to the new coffe place in the park and get- luce? Lucy? are you even listening to what i'm saying??

Lucy- uh yeah steph i'm sorry i was just thinking about... about uhm the next uhm... game!

i am so bad at telling lies..

steph- oh luce is it your anexiety again? 

i simply nod, not daring to look at her for some reason.

Steph- i'm so sorry luce, i should've told nick that you aren't capable of doing this stuff rn.

lucy- no it's fine it's just what if i mess up and they don't like me and because of me they don't like ithereso they quit and then i ruind their  experience here nd then they tell the people at their new club how horrible of a person i am and then the media picks it up and then-

steph- hey no luce it's okay. they won't do that, i promise you. i've met both of the girls and they are super nice, nothing to worry about.

lucy- really?

Steph- yes luce, really. i promise.

she wraps me up in a comforting hug when two girls come walking up to us,i recognise georgia, next to her is a slightly taller, ginger haired, blue eyed girl. she must be keira, she is beautiful, but i can't really think that about a 17 year old can i?

steph- hi girls! you probably already know who we are but lucy and i are going to be your mentor for the first few weeks.

Lucy- uhm hi!

they look at eachother in shock before georgia speaks up.

georgia- omg hi i'm sorry we're just really nervous haha.