leftovers w. niki shiina

tw food, person a can't finish her food, both of them are the same age just differ in months

🗓 ⌜  tedious tuesday  ⌟  ┈─❟

"Thank you."

You smile at the worker before looking down at your plate, ignoring the noises surrounding you in the cafeteria. Looking determined all of a sudden, you try to chew a bit of the food but then stops at the moment you felt her appetite being full.

You frown.

If there is one thing that you have an issue with yourself for your whole entire life, it would be the fact that you cannot seem to finish whatever it is that is on your plate whether it is a meal, snacks, or even a simple ice cream - you can never seem to finish any of the portions that is given to you.

But you suppose that's just the way you are.

You'll just have to live with it and work hard at making up for lost time in the future when you're able to eat more. Hoping that your appetite will grow in some ways so that you could even finish at least one meal.

Then you think for a moment about your mother's words as you pick at the food before you - 'It takes a lot of discipline to learn how to eat like other people. I know you're not as interested in eating as most girls are so don't bother trying to force yourself into it if you don't want to. Just make sure your heart is in the right place,' - and decides against it. You don't think that it would do you any good to force yourself to finish your food like other people.

It seemed like a waste but you can't really help it.

"Ah, you're still not finished with it?" You perk up at the surprised tone from a familiar voice. You look up and comes face to face with a pair of blue eyes framed by thin lashes. A shocked look gracing his face and you can feel your own heartbeat quicken at the sight of him.

"Sorry - I didn't mean to startle you." Niki scratches at the back of his neck sheepishly and smiles apologetically while he continues. "You just seem to be picking on your food again..." He trails off uncertainly and you can sense your own cheeks turning red.

You had been caught red handed again.

Niki sighs, shaking his head. "I'm not always around to finish your food, you know?" He lightly scolds, sitting next to you while taking your plate in the process. "You're lucky that I'm on my break."

The girl snickers. "You're just hungry for food, right?"

"... I don't want to hear it from someone who sees me as a trashcan friend!" He exclaims indignantly, glaring at the younger girl who only laughs louder at the offended look on his face. It isn't long until a smile starts tugging at the corner of Niki's mouth and they lapse into comfortable silence while he eats.