barely standing w. anzu

tw another sick chapter - a tribute to a possible pandemic again haha, changed every chapter w second perspective

***

Being sick is the worst thing a human being can experience in their entire lives. In fact, there was no other word for it that would be more accurate than terrible - and if it weren’t for your body rejecting what was inside of it so violently that you ended up dying from it, there wouldn't even be much of an adjective to describe the state of your life.

The last few days had been hell, to put it lightly. You hadn't slept at all, but that wasn't exactly surprising given the way you were feeling. Your eyes felt sore and puffy and your throat ached horribly when you swallowed.

The only good part about this situation was that you had finally gotten over your fever. The rest was simply a miserable mess because you had run yourself ragged on a daily basis trying to get better. Even just getting out of bed, let alone leaving the apartment, was exhausting enough to make the room spin. At least, that's what you told yourself as you sat down at the kitchen table with one hand clutching your head while your other held a mug of coffee between your palms.

It was still early morning, barely past five. You had taken advantage of the quiet and peacefulness to take a nap before breakfast and then go to work. You didn't have much time before you got home, which meant that you had plenty of food left, but since you couldn't stomach anything more than some stale bread and peanut butter, you decided not to eat until later tonight or something similar.

If Anzu were to know about this, she would probably tell you that it was unhealthy, and maybe try to force feed you some soup by pushing a spoonful down your throat. She'd insist on making you a cup of hot chocolate instead and insisting you stay home from work today just so that she could keep an eye on you. It was her duty, after all, and she was always ready to take care of everything, even you herself...

You sighed, thinking about how useless it was to be stuck here, unable to work. Would Anzu come over to visit you? Or did she have better things to do with her day? Or was she just too busy doing something else, like tending to producer work, maybe?

As much as you wanted to avoid thinking about it right now (or ever), you found yourself wondering how she was doing. You really wished you could see her. You missed her more than you thought you could miss someone. As a best a friend. Of course. Of course. Of course.

Maybe you should ask her how she's been. After you've eaten a decent meal, at least. If you weren't feeling so awful, of course.

Your phone buzzed signaling a message. You quickly unlocked it - you needed to talk to somebody besides yourself. It was fortunate for you that it was the person that you were thinking about, not your idol friends like Rinne or Eichi.

From: Anzu
hi!!
youre sick?? :O
are you ok? i can bring over some broth
and some snacks! :)

You smiled a little at the message. You hoped you didn't sound too pathetic. But you supposed it was understandable, considering all that you've been through in recent times.

From: You
thanks. i'm fine. just tired.
i appreciate your concern though. im fine! dont worry about me! <3

From: Anzu
:( okay
i'll try to come soon! don't worry

You blush a little bit, looking at her message and imagining her bright smile as she sent it. You hid your face with your free hand, hiding your embarrassed reaction, and took a sip of coffee to cool yourself down.

God, maybe there is something wrong with you.