Unfortunate Turnout

Art by me!
December 21st

Before we headed home Wilbur took us out to get some fast food, I even tried to help pay but he refused my money. Eryn a lot of fries and a burger, but also he's been really hungry lately so he'll probably want more once we're home. Probably the testosterone from puberty- I don't miss being a teenager or early teen at all.

But while on our way back from the park I got a call, it was from Karl. "Hey Karlos!" I answer, Wilbur motioning for the kids to quiet down for me to talk. "I'm just coming back from taking Eyrn to the park with some of his friends, Bad put me on baby sitting duty since you and Sapinapi are not here." I say feeling a soft kick from Eyrn behind me. "That sound's great Quackity!" Karl says into the phone, I can hear his parents and Sapnap talking in the background. I must be on speaker, "Oh Karl! Is that Q?" I hear Sapnap exclaim as Karl replies.

"Hey amor." I say as Sapnap takes over the call on their side, "Hello Quackity! How's everything doing out there?" He asks me, "I'm good. I'm taking care of Rat and Lucy, sorry I meant Eyrn and lucy." I say feeling Eyrn kick my seat once again being offended. "Pfft- ahah!" Sapnap laughs on the over end as the background noise gets quieter on his end. "Karl was calling you to let you know that we should be back a little earlier in January!" Sapnap exclaims.

"That's great!" I say back, Wilbur pulls up to my house and parks the car in my driveway besides my smaller black car. "I'm sorry that we won't be there for christmas, Karl's parents didn't tell us when we'd be back originally. I never would've agreed to the trip if I knew we'd be leaving you alone for the holidays." Sap says, his voice breaking in the call. He's crying isn't he. Stepping out of Wilbur's car and waving goodbye as Eyrn and Rat stand on the driveway with me, "Bye!" Wilbur mouths and waves goodbye as he pulls out of our driveway.

"Are you crying amor?" I say into the phone as we enter the house, "Maybe. I miss you." He cries into the phone. "I'm sorry that we left before christmas. It just isn't as nice without you." Sapnap says as I enter my bedroom and put him on speaker so I can get changed out of the clothes I sweated through from running around the park. "I miss you too amor, I love you and karlos a lot." I say into the phone, "Karl's parents are being kinda dicks to me." Sapnap whispers.

What? "What's going on?" I ask him, "You know how I get cold super easily and get sick easier?" Sapnap says, I can hear the embarrassment in his voice "Yeah?" I respond and grab my phone from the top of my dresser and flop onto my bed. "Our first ride down the ski mountain, I fell face first at the bottom of the mountain and it continued to happen for most of the first night and now I'm sick. Karl's parents keep teasing me about it." I tried to hold back laughter, "How'd that happen?" I ask, "I was stuck halfway into a giant pile of snow, then the others all come from behind me shredding more snow onto me my first way down." Sapnap explains and I try to not laugh at him.

"That really sucks mi vida, I should probably make Eyrn something to eat though." I say into the phone, "Oh right! Say hi to my lil bro for me! Bye Q! I love you!" He replies, "Yo también te amo." I end the call and walk into the open kitchen and living room. Eyrn in the kitchen making himself a PB and J, "I was going to make you some food aha oh and your brother says hi." I say as he shrugs, his sandwich finished. He walks over to the couch and puts on something to watch on the TV, some YouTuber I don't know.

A sudden fatigue hits me hard, a small groan escaping from my mouth. "I'm going to go and take a nap. You'll be good on your own?" I ask Eyrn who gives be a thumbs up. Heading back to my room, too tired to even change out of my jeans I flop onto my bed and fall asleep quickly.

December 22nd, After Quackity's nap

Opening my eyes suddenly, my throat burning along with a lot of nausea. "Don't tell me I'm fucking sick!" I groan and walk to my attached bathroom bringing my phone with me just in case I turn out to be sick, turning on the light and looking at my reflection in the mirror. I look tired as fuck, plus my body is aching like hell but that could be from me chasing after Eyrn, Tommy and Fundy at the park. The sudden and disgusting taste and feel of puke rose up into my throat, Immediately I crouch over my toilet and puke out my food from that day.

"What time is it?" I groan and grab my phone from the sick counter and turn it on. "Two am? Ughh." I groan in misery and open it up to see messages from Wilbur, they all varied from "Are you okay?" And general checking up on me, the last made more sense though. "Me and the kids got some food poisoning, I hope you and Eyrn are doing alright." He texted that one last, at one forty am. I message him back, "I might have some food poisoning, gonna go check right now if Eyrn is alright." I send and place my phone into my jeans's pockets.

Slowly getting up from the floor and flushing my puke down the toilet, I go and check on Eyrn in the guest room. Before I can even knock, I can hear the retching sounds of him puking. A small sigh escapes from my burning throat and mouth as I open up the door, "Hey kid, We all got some food poisoning from that fast food place." I say to him. Eyrn looks terrible right now. Poor kid, no one deserves to have to deal with puking your guts out at two am.

"That makes sense." Eyrn groans and looks at me, tears dripping down his face. I walk over and sit on the bed, grabbing some tissues from the kleenex box on the bedside table and wiping his tears with the soft tissues. "It hurts a lot." He whines and hugs onto me, "Yeah I'm sorry about this kid, it never is fun having a stomach bug." I say to him as he nods in agreement.

Word count: 1133