Fireworks

December 31st

"Fundy, let's go find you dad and brother now. I think I partied enough for the night." I say looking down to the small ginger haired boy hugging on my leg and grab a hold of his hand and just run. Running through crowds, Fundy is still holding tightly onto my hand. I don't know who I'm running past, whose who, I don't care anymore. I need out of this party and instantly. "Quackity!" I hear yelled.

oh... I'm outside now. The front yard, it's quieter than I expected, oh right the backyard has the better view of the moon. Heh. It's a full moon, that's beautiful.

"Dad!" Fundy exclaims and runs out of my hand, "Wilbur.." I exhale with relief and run over to him hugging onto him. "Quackity? Hey what's wrong? What happened?" Wilbur says and pulls my face up to look at his, "I ran into my mother. I don't want to stay here any longer, I'm sorry—" "Don't apologize. We can go, don't worry about it." Wilbur says and kisses my forehead gently. Fundy and Tommy look up back at us, "Aw man, we're leaving already?" Tommy whines and nods.

Wilbur nods, "Sorry guys." Wilbur says as I look for my phone in my pocket, unavailable to find it on me, I sigh and look at the three. "We can stay for the fireworks, it should only be maybe twenty thirty minutes. I lost my phone in there pretty sure." I say and look back at the house to see two people quickly rushing out of it. Mom or Zaida and Dad existing very quickly. "Alexis—" "Quackity! Are you okay!?" Dad yells running towards ahead of Zaida and hugging onto me. Wilbur chuckling, "You ran off and it worried us!" Dad says and looks back to Zaida who has a worried face.

"I'm staying till the fireworks, than we'll leave." I say towards Dad and then look towards Zaida. "Got it?" I say strongly to her. "Got it Alexis." She mutters and looks off to the side. I turn back to Wilbur and jump onto his side, clinging onto him in a hug formation. Wilbur holds onto me and gives me several kisses on my face and neck, I love getting all this attention from him! Fundy and Tommy chuckling and laughing.

"You two go and play in the front yard but stay here while Quackity and I are gonna head on inside for a little." Wilbur says as the two run off chasing each other. Dad and Zaida had headed on inside while Wilbur talked and gave me attention and I was glad that they were gone now.

"It's eleven forty seven now, almost firework time." Wilbur says putting his phone back into his pocket and looking down at me, "Heh yeah." I chuckle as he brings me inside. George runs up to me and grabs ahold of me, "I saw you running out there and I got worried! Are you alright?!" I laugh and push him off. "Of course I'm fine!—" "Found your phone too, thought you might want that if you plan on leaving." He says interrupting me and hands me my phone back. I give a quick smile and nod, "We're planning on staying till the fireworks so we can see them, and maybe get a drink or two." Wilbur says and gives me a warm smile.

"Yeah, what he said." I say quickly and grab ahold of Wilbur's hand and follow him to the living room, he sits down on the couch and beckons me to his side. "Are you sure your okay?" He whispers to me and looks at me, his eyes dead on onto my own. "Yeah, I'm fine now. I promise Will." I say and lean into his chest, he chuckles a small bit and I can feel his heartbeat softly as I lean against him. His arms warmly wrapped around me, "I love you." I mumble to myself with a smile.

"I love you too Quackity." Wilbur says and kisses the top of my head, those four words seems so nice and I can only hear him now. Not the party, only us. It's peaceful. "Guys come on! We're about to release the fireworks!" George yells dragging me up from the couch, and Wilbur's hug. "Bitch!!" I yell at him and get Wilbur up, "Come on Q." He says with a smile and brings me to the backyard where everyone was, I looked to the side to see Tommy and Fundy running up to us. "Boys!" Wilbur's yells and group hugs them with me, "Fireworks time!!" Tommy yells and looks up into the sky as does Fundy.

I smile and look up at Wilbur, who was also looking upwards. "Happy new years!" Everyone yelled and Wilbur looked down and grabbed ahold of my face, bringing me into a new years kiss. The fireworks were so loud, I couldn't hear anyone else anymore. I didn't want to hear anyone else. It was just me and Wilbur. I love Wilbur Soot. And he loves me.

He let go of my face, and smiled looking up at the fireworks. I give a small smirk, "I love Wilbur!" I yell into the air, "I LOVE QUACKITY!" Wilbur shouts, much louder than me. Damn it I love this fucking man.

Word count: 890