TWO

Blake Holly

I heard the door open not shortly after, which caused me to jump a little and clench the note in my hand. A girl with Dolce & Gabbana suitcases appeared in the doorway. I'm not sure what came over me at this moment, but I just went off.

"Hey ! did you put this fucking note here?" I said angrily, walking towards her with the note in my hand. She dropped her bags on the floor confused and looked at me like I was a batshit crazy lady.

"What the hell? What are you talking about I just got here" She folded her arms and cocked her neck at me.

"Don't fucking lie ! Who else did this, huh?" I waved the note in her face. I was on the verge of tears at this point. This is not how my first day is supposed to go. I never ever ever wanted to even hear the mention of my father and that note was like the last straw that had been broken in half. I was breaking down.

"Oh my God, your totally insane !" she snapped back at me, this time raising her voice higher than me.

I probably did look so insane right now. Once I got a chance to analyze the situation and get back right in the mindset, I realized that there was no way she could've done this as she obviously just got here. I mean, she had like 7 bags with her. I remained silent and walked over to the side of my room where I sat down on my empty twin bed.

I just broke down. I don't know why. No, I know why. That note triggered something in me that I've been keeping down for so long. I didn't even realize how much it bothered me still until I saw the words 'Dad' written down on a piece of paper. Not to mention it seems like someone may know more than they should. But who though? This school is miles away, how would something like this follow me all the way here? Did somebody search through my file? No they couldn't have, that's one piece of information I told my mom not to tell them when she filled out the transfer paperwork. She wouldn't betray me like that. As I thought more and more about how something like this could have even happened it was like I couldn't stop crying even if I tried.

I definitely look crazy right now, and I'm sure once I'm done crying, I'll feel the wave of embarrassment come over me.

I just kept sobbing and to my surprise, I felt a body weigh down the spot next to me, and a hand came across my back and rubbed it slowly.

I looked up, and there was the same girl I just went off on, consoling me.

"Hey...calm down, its going to be okay" I loved how she didn't even question what the hell just happened just now but instead comforted me.

She actually did a great job comforting me, so much, that I stopped crying and finally looked up at her. She was super pretty and she had jet-black shiny hair that fell bone straight behind her shoulders. I wish my hair would get that shiny and straight. She had dark brown almond eyes and pink pouty lips that complimented her slim nose. Her makeup was done to the T and she had on obviously expensive clothing, Even though I wasn't familiar with all of the designers, just the material and the way it was designed told me everything I needed to know. Oh, not to mention she had a rose-colored Chanel bag clutched to her side.

"I'm sorry... I look so crazy right now I know. I understand if you want to get a new roommate" I apologized.

"Well at first I definitely was like yeah I'm going to need a new roommate this lady is fucking crazy !" she joked which made me laugh a little.

"I'm Delilah" She stood up and held out her hand to give me a proper introduction. That's one thing I could also tell about her. She was very proper, very poised. She probably grew up with parents that made sure she looked and acted perfect all the time. She tucked away any loose strands of hair that weren't in place. See perfect.