FIVE

*Another really long chapter* (It's juicy though ;))

Blake Holly

One week later... (Next Friday)

"Hello Ms. Holly, I am Mrs. Dackery, I'm glad you have joined me today".

Well I'm not glad.

I was currently sitting in the guidance counselor's office. As Ms. Engrid demanded, I tried to get out of it but it was a requirement for me to stay at this school. Mrs. Dackery had an unnerving huge smile on her face as she sat with her legs crossed and arms folded. I could tell she tried to decorate her office to be more welcoming and lighthearted to students but it just gave me asylum vibes.

Everything was neutral colored; white walls, ivory chairs, and every painting had a white background with a light wooden frame around it. She also had a few plants scattered here and there but nonetheless, I didn't feel 'welcomed'. Sure, she was a nice lady so far, but there is nothing welcoming about school guidance counselors, at least for me. The last time I spoke with a school guidance counselor, CPS was called to my house so there's that.

"I can tell by your body language that your not the happiest to be here and that's totally fine, we are here to work together and my ultimate end goal is to make you feel comfortable to open up to me" She said removing her glasses and leaning in closer to me.

"Listen I'm just here because it's required or else I'll be kicked out" I responded sitting up.

"I'm fine trust me, there is nothing for me to open up about. I'm fine"

"Mhm" She said nodding, and began writing in her journal.

"So we can just sit here until the time is up and you can tell Ms. Engrid I completed my session for today".

"Sure"

Sure? I mean I was expecting her to force me to talk but she just said sure.

I couldn't hide my facial expression which reeked of confusion.

"Listen Blake, I am here for you and this is your time, however you choose to spend your sessions is all up to you. I wont in any way shape or form try to control you" She said genuinely.

I didn't respond yet, I just sat back and crossed my arms.

"Okay, whatever" I looked to the side and unconsciously my leg began to shake. She started writing again.

What the hell is she writing down.

"Hey what do you keep writing down?" I questioned.

"These are my private notes Blake, I am just observing"

I rolled my eyes and sat back. For the next hour of my session we just sat there in silence. Eventually, she went behind her desk and started typing away on her computer. I continued to sit in silence and watch the clock, the minute it hit 3:30 I was going to jump up and head out of here.

3:29. I watched closely as the second hand ticked on the clock.

3:30.

I didn't even say anything, I just got up and grabbed my backpack and walked out her office.

I know I was being rude but I really, really, really, did not want to be there. I've had horrible experiences with therapist and counselors and most of them didn't want anything to do with after I opened up and told my entire life story. Even though Mrs. Dackery was a sweet lady I was sure this wasn't going to be any different.

________

I reached my dorm finally and was so glad it was Friday, this week has been so hectic with classes. Kinderton definitely lived up to its stellar curriculum courses. Every class I had taken had been so advanced I was worried I wouldn't be able to keep up. I definitely was going to have to study a lot more than I was used to.