EIGHT

Blake Holly

"You know, I wonder if there are any pink lemons in the world" Delilah said, taking a sip from her pink lemonade.

"Delilah shut up" Persephone playfully nudged her.

The three of us were currently having lunch at the cafe. Classes had just ended and we were all starving.

About two days had gone past since I had got that message from my stalker. I had three days left to tell Adrian and I was dreading every moment of it. Why did I have to be the bearer of bad news? I felt so bad for Adrian. He seemed like such a sweet guy. I knew he would be crushed once I told him, he'll probably have so many questions and I don't know if I was ready to answer them. He's going to want to know how I caught them, and I mean how do I lie and say 'Oh I just casually walked into the janitor's closet'. I had to come up with a story and I needed it fast.

"Hey did you talk to Johnathan?" I asked Delilah; she promised that she would take my advice and speak to him. 

"Just when lunch was going good" She replied, rolling her eyes.

"He didn't accept my apology, so let's just forget about Johnathan everyone. I don't want to hear any more about him."

I frowned a bit because I was disappointed, I really wanted them both to work things out because it was obvious there was a lot of history and feelings there. I know how Delilah can be and how she can word things wrong but really have good intentions behind her words. I wondered did somewhere in this 'apology', she said the wrong thing or if Johnathan was just being stubborn and close-minded. I respected her wishes though and decided not to touch on the situation anymore.

"Yeah, maybe he'll forgive you when the video of you going off on him isn't trending right now" Persephone joked and began laughing historically.

"Shut. up" Delilah kicked her leg under the table

"Owie" Persephone rubbed her leg and poked her bottom lip out. 

It was true though, the video was going around the school, and like a wildfire, it became the hot new gossip. Everyone was talking about it and I couldn't even imagine the humiliation all parties were feeling right now. This just made me more nervous because I knew once I broke the news to Adrian that, that too, would spread like wildfire. Dylan is also probably going to kill me by the way, and that actually doesn't sound too bad with all of this drama going on, as long as they dig me back up when it's over.

The three of us talked for a little longer before Persephone had to go home, and today was Delilah's first day at the new club she started 'Girls Who Code.' It was a computer science club and had to deal with a bunch of techy stuff, Delilah encouraged me to join, but tech isn't really my strong suit, nor something I'm interested in.

I on the other hand had to get to my weekly meeting with Ms. Dackery, I hadn't seen her since last time when we sat there in silence for a good hour or so.

We said our goodbyes and both of them left, but I had to stay behind and wait for our server to return with the meal card I paid with.

The girl who served us returned with a checkbook in her hand and a to-go box.

"Hey, do you know if the cafe is hiring?" I asked opening up the checkbook and retrieving the card.

I was still looking for a job as I wanted to already have some money saved up for when this meal card ran out, and it would be great if I had some extra cash to spend on what I please.

"Yeah actually two people just got fired, so I think there is a spot open. Just talk to Cory, he's the manager here."

Cory is a manager? Well okay then.