TEN

Blake Holly

A few days had gone by and it was the end of the week now. I'm still not sure how I felt about the information I found out about Adrian and Dylan.

I was still puzzled on why my stalker forced me to tell a piece of information that Adrian already knew. Were they trying to mess with me? Was this some type of mind fuck or game to them? I couldn't come up with any logical answers, but then again, there's nothing logical about this. I came to the conclusion that they taunted me like that to fuck with me and prove to me how much power they had over me, it was almost as if they were dangling my freedom from them over my head.

Or maybe this was only a small part of something bigger that was to come. That is what I'm the most afraid of.

I told myself to stop thinking about it as their situation had nothing to do with me, but I couldn't help myself but ponder on why Adrian would put himself through that. Did he feel guilty? I mean, what really happened between Paxton and Adrian? I was itching to know.

Delilah was currently at her club meeting, I started to see her less and less now because of it, and even though I got lonely from time to time, I was happy for her. She seemed to really care about the club and dedicated all her time to making sure it was perfect.

Delilah being gone made me realize how much I missed Vee and how long it's been since we talked. I told myself that I would call her almost every single day, but so many distractions have been keeping me from upholding my promise. She called me once or twice while I've been here, but by the time I noticed it, it was either too late, or I got distracted by one of the many things that are going on in my life right now, causing me to forget. 

It was just me in the dorm right now, so I decided it would be a perfect time to call her. Plus it would be nice to talk to someone who isn't involved in all of this Kinderton drama.

"B?!" I heard her sweet but excited voice yelp.

"Vee...Hey" I trailed off. The sound of her voice made me realize how much I missed her and how much stuff I needed to tell her, only then when I remembered the "stuff" I wanted to tell her-I realized that I couldn't. Someone could be watching me at this very moment or, even worse, listening to this phone call and that would only make things worst.

"What's wrong B? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah...I just miss you so much...a lot has happened at this school."

"Well, I have time, I just got off work. Talk to me B"

I exhaled a vast amount of air. I wanted to pour my heart out to her so bad.

"It's just some stupid school drama...the kids here are...different"

"I told you those bougie pricks were assholes. Don't let them get to you Blake, you're better than all of them" She comforted.

I giggled a bit because of the irony, I in fact did not feel better than anyone as I was being reminded frequently of my past. I felt so small here. Insignificant.

"Yeah...I'll be fine though. Everything been good over there?"

"You know nothing happens here. Same old same old." She sighed.

That's exactly what I needed- for nothing to happen.

We talked for a bit more, she caught me up with some of the neighborhood gossips, and I told her about Delilah and Persephone and how I think they should all meet. I felt like those two would change Vee's perspective on Kindertons "bougie" reputation. Well maybe not Delilah at first, she does come off a bit much but once she gets to know her I know she'll like her just as much as I do.