ELEVEN

Blake Holly

One week later...

"Oh my God!" I screamed as Vee jumped out of the car.

It was the weekend, and she was finally here visiting me. I had been dying to see her and was so glad she drove all the way here. I didn't exactly have an itinerary for this weekend, but I was excited to show her around Kinderton, and, most of all, meet Delilah, Persephone, and Cory.

For the whole week, I haven't even bothered thinking about Paxton, Adrian, or my stalker and surprisingly my stalker hasn't thought about me because I hadn't received any messages from them. A little nerve-racking but I told myself to appreciate this time of solitude because I had a feeling that they would soon be suffocating me again.

Not thinking about Paxton was easy, being that I hadn't even seen him around campus, and he wasn't in class the entire week. A part of me was worried about him and hoped he got his injuries taken care of, but that worriedness went away when I thought about how he treated me and the awful things he said to me. As far as Adrian, I saw him here and there and he would just look at me but nothing other than that.

"I missed you so much I think I'm going to cry" Vee beamed, hugging me tight and rocking back and forth.

Technically Vee was not supposed to be staying on campus this weekend, but Ms. Engrid bent the rules for me after I told her it would really help my mental health.

A classic trick that my thick file of bad history let me pull.

"Come, let me grab some of your stuff" I retreated to the trunk of her car and grabbed two suitcases while she grabbed her duffel bag.

Delilah was upstairs getting the dorm nice and clean for Vee, we had kind of neglected it and both had been too busy to thoroughly clean it and pick up the clothes that were usually scattered everywhere and the makeup stains on the counter.

We entered the building, and Vee looked in awe at the massive stone establishment.

"This place is actually insane" Her eyes wandered each and every crevice of Kinderton.

It's insane alright.

I was so afraid that this weekend wouldn't go as planned and I would be forced to tell her the truth about what's been going on. All it would take is one message from my stalker and Vee would see the anxiety all over my face and knowing her, she wouldn't let it go.

As we were walking, Vee was getting some stares from some of the students. Cold glares from some girls and lustful looks from some of the boys. Vee was that type of pretty that made the whole room stare so it was nothing unusual. It amazed me how she didn't even notice it because she kept walking and talking to me as if she couldn't feel the burning eyes of her peers around her. If it had been me, I would notice in an instant and instantly become self-conscious.

I gave our dorm door three knocks.

"Can we come in?"

"One sec !" Delilah called out.

Shortly after, the door swung open and Delilah stood there with the cheesiest smile on her face.

"Hi! Ohemgee you're gorgeous" Delilah pulled Vee into a hug and I chuckled a bit because I was sure Vee was expecting some type of formal introduction from her.

"Aw thank you, you're beautiful yourself, you must be Delilah?" Vee said as they pulled away from their hug.

"In the flesh, It's so nice to finally meet you, Blake talks about you all the time. Come in" Delilah stepped aside and gestured for us to enter.