Chapter 1 (The Waiter Boy At The Coffee Shop)

"Are you..." 

The man took a piece of paper out of his shirt pocket and looked at the name on it.

"...Miss Annabella Parker?"

The girl gave him a smile with a slight nod.

She was wearing a black short pencil skirt along with a yellow shirt and black high heels. She was fair in complexion. Actually, she was more than fair, close to pale white. It wouldn't be a surprise if someone mistook her for a vampire. She was that pale like she was lacking blood.

Nevertheless, it didn't decrease her beauty.

"Yep, It's me. I'm Annabella Zoey Parker."

"Oh, that's cool!" The man quickly pulled a chair out of the wooden table with a 'Sqreez' sound and sat down across from her.

He rubbed his hands together before speaking like a parrot.

"Hi, Miss Annabella, I'm John Fedric, 31 years old this year, a lawyer, like to sing, play football, filial son to my parents and..."

"Woah, woah, Is this an interview?" Annabella asked with a low chuckle.

John shrugged his shoulders.

"Kind of... I guess."

Annabella didn't know what to say. They both fell into silence after that. Annabella thought that the situation was getting quite awkward. However, she didn't know how to start a proper conversation with a stranger. 

To her relief, John spoke again.

"So miss Anna... Can I call you that?"

Annabella pressed her lips together.

'Hello, Mister. We are strangers, okay? You can't call me that!' She thought in her mind. However, she didn't say it out loud.

"Okay, sure, Johnny." She blurted out lazily.

"Ha ha ha... That's a funny nickname." John laughed.

Annabella raised her eyebrows in confusion.

"It's common. Don't tell me no one addressed you like that." 

John scratched his chin a bit awkwardly.

"Anna, you are so straightforward with words."

"It should be 'Miss Anna' at least and... I'll take it as a compliment, thanks."

John tilted his head.

"You called me Johnny. So why can't I call you Anna? Isn't it unfair?"

Annabella cleared her throat.

"I'm thirsty." She said. 

"Oh." John nodded understandingly before calling out to a waiter.

"Hey, two coffees, thanks." 

The waiter nodded and turned to leave.

"Wait!" Annabella shouted.

Most of the other customers in the coffee shop turned to look at their table. 

Annabella gave an apologetic smile to them before talking to the waiter.

"I don't like coffee. In fact, I hate them!"

"Then you want a strawberry milkshake, don't you?" The waiter asked casually.

Not only Anna but also John gave him a confused look.

The waiter boy was quite handsome in his white shirt, black coat and pants. He looked like a high school boy. He had messy straight jet black hair that reached the bottom of his neck. His eyes were ocean blue and they looked captivating.