Chapter 9(The wounded young man)

Annabella bid farewell to Liam with a smile. He didn't forget to ask for her contact information as he promised to contact her whenever he had the chance. He was a music producer and busy most of the time in the studio after all.

Annabella didn't want to go home that early. If she went, her mother would definitely NOT leave her alone without asking 'How was the date?' Bah! So annoying!

Annabella strolled around the town before she spotted a park near the supermarket. 'Maybe I should go there to cool down myself a bit.'

Annabella did exactly what she decided in her mind. Soon she entered the park, observing the surroundings.

Although that park was close to her house, she rarely went there. 'Heavenly Site botanical garden' was famous for lovers and she could see couples here and there.

Apart from couples, there were a few families and some old people. Some were walking, talking, eating and looking at the sky while lying on the ground.

Annabella shook her shoulders. 'Isn't it crazy? It's not the night sky. So what's there to see rather than a burning sun and roaming clouds?'

The weather was not that cold because the Winter season was around the corner. Annabella tightened her grip on her coat which she put on, covering her black dress. She didn't have the mood to interact with other people thus she found a lonely corner to settle down.

The bench was shady with the help of the large tree that towered over it and no one could notice the bench without a careful look. So it was her perfect choice at that moment. Popping up her chin on her hand, Annabella crossed her legs before taking out her phone.

Putting on her earphones, she played a song and hummed along with it. Unbeknownst to herself, she was swaying her legs forward, and suddenly she kicked something hard and tight.

Gasping, Annabella removed her earphones and quickly looked down. Soon a back of a man came into her sight. He was lying on the ground on his stomach and his face couldn't be seen because of that position. Alarmed, Annabella wanted to scream to let others know about this man's situation.

'What if someone killed him and now dropped him in this park? Is this a dead body then? Oh no!' All kinds of creepy and terrifying thoughts welled up in her mind. 'Is the murderer psycho? Did he leave clues for the police to find out? Lemme check whether I can find some as well.'

She squatted down next to the man and started searching around him with her 'Keen Eyes' as she thought and soon, she got bored.

'There's nothing. The psycho guy is really a boring one.'

'Shoot! I forgot to check this man.' Eventually, she realized the real problem there and moved closer to him cautiously. Annabella shook his shoulder gently. "Wake up."

The man let out an unhappy growl. "Leave me alone."

"Oh, you are not dead?"

That surprised voice made him open his eyes instantly. He quickly sat up and took a closer look at the clumsy person beside him only to be dumbfounded.

"Strawberry Milkshake?"

"Café boy?"

Both of them looked into each other's eyes, stupefied.

"What are you doing here?" Finally, Damien broke their eye contact and asked curtly. 'Aren't you supposed to be with your brand-new date?'

Annabella crossed her arms on her chest before giving him a look that she thought 'Sharp' saying, "I should be the one to ask that question."