Chapter 13 (Who exactly are you?)

Mrs Parker sat on the giant sofa in the middle of the living room, in front of the TV. Since it was a Saturday, she didn't have much work to do. Thus, she thought of watching a movie out of habit.

The movie went on for half an hour and it was reaching its peak when Mrs Parker heard a sound from her daughter's room.

Click Clack

Click Clack

Click Clack

Annabella came out of her room, wearing the high heels Damien had left for her. When she came outside, she was greeted by her mother's curious gaze. She gave her a smile asking, "Mom, How's this dress for me?"

She was wearing a red and black strapless dress. It perfectly wrapped around her slender figure as it hugged every curve of her body, showing off her charms and attractiveness in it. It looked like it was made just for her.

Annabella wore a ruby not-so-long necklace that reached her collarbone. It specified the big red rose on a corner of her dress. When she walked, her milky white long legs could be seen through the cut which reached to her right thigh.

With a single glance, Mrs Parker could tell that her gown, jewellery and black high heels... They must cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

"Whose dress is this?" She would never believe that her daughter bore to pay such a huge sum of money. Could it be... Someone took a liking to her and gave them to her as a gift?

'No way!' She firmly shook her head, dismissing her wandering thoughts. Those kinds of things happen in fairytales only. She didn't dare to think of something that exceeded her expectations. Or else, it would be painful if her thoughts got crashed one day.

Annabella gulped nervously. She didn't want to arouse her mother's suspicion hence, she answered, "Grana's. It's Sarah's birthday party today and I told Grana that I didn't have something to wear so she handed them over to me."

"What a good friend." Mrs Parker sighed. "She must be filthy rich, right?"

Annabella gave it a thought before shaking her head. "Not that much."

Mrs Parker rolled her eyes. "Don't lie to me. Or are you feeling jealous of your friend? I know little things about fashion and I can confirm that... This dress smells money!"

Annabella wasn't convinced yet. She waved her left hand at her mother. "Yeah, whatever."

When it was exactly 6 p.m. Damien came to pick her up in his Mansory Rolls-Royce. Wait a minute! Rolls-Royce?!

Fortunately, Annabella's mother went to her room to take a small nap otherwise, if she was there, she would freak out for sure.

Annabella widened her eyes and looked at the car in front of her in disbelief.

"Who exactly are you?" She asked the boy who came out of the car in an expensive black suit that kinda matched hers since he had a red handkerchief in his left coat pocket.

She looked at him up and down as if she was seeing him for the first time in her life.

The boy let out a soft chuckle. "Damien, I guess?"

Annabella took a deep breath to control her rising heart. She wanted to address him as a fool but she got scared to do that as she realized the fact that he wasn't a normal person for her to mess around with.

"I mean... No, I'm trying to ask who the... I mean... Aaah!" She held the urge to brush her neatly combed hair out of frustration. She couldn't possibly make him feel humiliated in front of others later.