Chapter 8 (Punishment)

Damien was surprised when he realised that he was actually thinking about an older sister that much like she was related to him by blood or something.

'Bah, why do I even care? She's nothing but a stranger, isn't she? But it's a pity that I wasted my sweat and blood on saving a clumsy person like her.' Sighing, he continued to drive along the road until he reached his house.

As a waiter, he should be living in a small house, right? Wrong! His house was a freaking gigantic mansion! It looked majestic like a castle. The golden gate opened automatically when Damien scanned the code of the smart screen which was attached to the gate, using his phone.

Damien parked his car in the garage before sneakily using the back door to go inside. However, it seemed like luck wasn't with him. The minute he entered the kitchen by using the way the servants often chose to come and go, he was caught red-handed.

"Eldest son," The Icy cold voice of a man rang in the kitchen. Apparently, he was waiting for his son to come home. Sure enough, he could sense his son's nature expertly. What a talented father figure!

"Dad," Damien greeted him casually like nothing had happened at all. He slightly nodded to his father like he was the same age as him and approached the refrigerator to grab a bottle of ice water.

"How can you appear like that after all of these things?" Mr Ranchester asked with an unpleasant tone. Clearly, he wasn't happy with his son's behaviour. He folded his arms over his chest and glared at Damien like he wanted to kill him.

"What?" Damien tilted his head, acting dumb. "You want me to disappear then?"

Mr Ranchester didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Was he for real? He couldn't understand his son at all. Maybe... He wasn't his son whatsoever.

Mr Ranchester secretly clenched his fists averting his gaze towards the photo of a young woman which was hanging on the corner of the kitchen wall.

'Rosemarie, in the past did you cheat on me behind my back? Otherwise, how could your son act like this? He doesn't think or act like me at all! How disappointing!!!' He cursed his son along with his dead wife.

His dead wife, Mrs Rosemarie was a great beauty. She had waterfall-like jet-black hair which caught Mr Ranchester's attention massively on the day of their first meeting.

The second most beautiful thing she had was the pair of ocean blue eyes filled with spirit. Damien was the exact carbon copy of hers as he inherited her features. Only he would have become a daughter, then Mr Ranchester knew that he will have spoiled her rotten.

During the blind date, Rosemarie was blushing cutely and when she bent down to pick the spoon up which she accidentally dropped to the floor, her long hair slid forward and kissed her rosy cheeks. Mr Ranchester was mesmerized instantly and agreed to marry her right away.

Soon after, Rosemarie was pregnant with their first child, Damien Hilfrith Ranchester and an hour later the delivery, she bade farewell to the world forever due to the massive bleeding.

Mr Ranchester was disappointed. He couldn't even taste his wife to his heart's content. But she left him after a few months of their marriage. Devastated, Mr Ranchester told his father that if he didn't let him marry someone else soon, he wouldn't be able to live anymore and would die from loneliness and emptiness. 

That's how he got married to his current wife, Mrs Elisha Edith Ranchester, a movie star in the entertainment industry.

"My secretary told me that... Someone had sent him pictures of YOU, working at a fucking CAFÉ, like a POOR GUY! Really, Damien Hilfrith, do you want me to lose my face that much?"